Progress pics

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Remington, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remington

Remington OT Supporter

I know, still fat... but I'm working on it.

old from Feb/March:
    [​IMG]

new from today:
    [​IMG]

2. AaronOC

AaronOC Guest

i see a slight improvement

3. AaronOC

AaronOC Guest

do you lift?

4. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

its hard to tell from the two pictures - one position shifts everything down, the other flex lifts... but it looks like you've leaned up a bit.

good work, keep at it

5. siniquezu

siniquezu New Member

6. Remington

Remington OT Supporter

yes, smartass

7. Kotu

Kotu OT Supporter

hard to tell when in one pic you're flexing and the other picture you aren't

I think I can see a slight improvement

Looks like you have gino though. :hs:

8. Remington

Remington OT Supporter

yea, I do...not much I can do about it though.

9. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

just looks like chest fat to me, if you dont have hard lumps under your nipple you don't have gyno

10. Professional

Professional Guest

you're not fat you fucking girl

god damn

that's gonna be my stomach in a few weeks

11. Remington

Remington OT Supporter

i've never felt another man's chest, but I think I have the lumps. Don't have anything to compare it to so I'm hoping I'm wrong.

12. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

I see some differences.. Good work. Keep it up!

13. PreemO

PreemO OT Supporter

take a pic from the same position as the before shot

14. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

i have hard lumps under my nipples. are there alternatives to surgery for getting rid of them?

15. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Nolva, Armidex, Clomid, Raloifaxine

16. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

i thought those were only for reducing estrogen levels while letting your test levels climb back after a cycle. i'm not on a cycle so what would taking an antiestrogen by itself do to me. sounds dangerous

17. LancerV

It most likely wont get rid of it but it may help reduce it. It binds to the estrogen receptors in the breast and since the estrogen doesnt get to the breast anymore its suppose to self consume itself. I took 80mg of Nolva, and .5mg of Armidex EOD.

18. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

:rofl:

19. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

k i have some nolva from a PCT of m1t that i never got to take:uh:, so i can give it a shot. im definitely looking into it first though, wouldnt want to do something even worse to my body

20. LancerV

I never had much of any issue with Nolva, but now Armidex = Sucks. My bones ached alot, my chol went up 30pts, and my HDL down 5. But Nolva I didnt have any side effects from, Nolva just blocks the estrogen receptors, where Armidex actually stops estrogen conversion

21. LancerV

Gynecomastia can be detected in up to 70% of boys during puberty and in about one third of adult males. An imbalance of estrogen to androgen tissue levels is believed to be the major reason for the development of gynecomastia; as a result most medical treatments so far have tried to lower the estrogen level. Five boys with pubertal gynecomastia and breast tenderness were treated for 6 months with the selective aromatase inhibitor anastrozole. Initial plasma levels of estradiol (E2), testosterone (T), androstenedione, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEA-S) and gonadotropins were normal. DHEA-S showed a significant rise during treatment. T and androstenedione showed no significant change during treatment. E2 decreased with therapy, although to no statistically significant extent. The E2/T ratio decreased significantly during the treatment. Breast size decreased in 4 out of 5 patients, and in 1 of these 4 boys glandular breast tissue disappeared completely. The longer the duration of gynecomastia before anastrozole administration, the smaller was the reduction of breast size. Breast tenderness was resolved in all boys within 4 weeks. No adverse effects were recorded. Since the aim of medical treatment is the total disappearance of breast tissue, anastrozole, as previous aromatase inhibitors, is of limited effect. However, anastrozole seems to be of benefit for the treatment of tenderness in gynecomastia and for patients in whom surgery is particularly risky. However, as spontaneous disappearance of pubertal gynecomastia is common, further double-blinded, placebo-controlled trials are necessary before a definite conclusion can be drawn about the effectiveness and the side effects of this therapy. 2004 S. Karger AG, Base

Gynaecomastia affects half of the male population at some stage in their life. Only a small proportion of them would require treatment for cosmetic appearance or to relieve pain and tenderness. Recently, tamoxifen has shown some promising results in the management of gynaecomastia. To assess the efficacy of tamoxifen, we carried out a retrospective study of all men treated for gynaecomastia with particular emphasis on those treated medically. Men with painful gynaecomastia were given 10 mg of tamoxifen for 3 months. Response to treatment was categorised as good, moderate and no response. Thirteen men (median age 36) were placed on tamoxifen. Ten patients responded well to tamoxifen. One patient developed calf tenderness and stopped the medication. No other adverse effects were reported. Two patients could not be followed up. Tamoxifen appears safe and effective in men with painful idiopathic or physiological gynaecomastia and should be considered as an initial option before contemplating surgery.

We investigated the relationship between sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) and pubertal gynecomastia in 21 adolescents evaluated longitudinally. Thirteen patients were given tamoxifen treatment after grading according to the Nydick classification (group 1). Group 2 consisted of eight patients followed without treatment. Gynecomastia existed bilaterally in 15 patients. There was a statistically significant breast size reduction in both groups. There was a significant decrease in serum SHBG only in group 2. These findings suggest that serum SHBG is increased by tamoxifen treatment in male adolescents. There was a decrease in SHBG levels through the duration of follow up in patients who recovered with or without treatment. However, this decrease was statistically significant in the untreated group, but not in the tamoxifen treated group. In conclusion, we suggest that the pubertal fall in SHBG levels is attenuated by tamoxifen treatment given for pubertal gynecomastia since tamoxifen increases SHBG levels in male adolescents.

AIMS: We aimed to confirm suggestions that tamoxifen therapy alone may resolve physiological gynaecomastia. METHODS: A prospective audit of the outcome of tamoxifen routinely given to men with physiological gynaecomastia was carried out at Nottingham. Men referred with gynaecomastia had clinical signs recorded, e.g., type (diffuse 'fatty' or retro-areolar 'lump'), size and possible aetiology. They were offered oral tamoxifen 20mg once daily for 6-12 weeks. On follow-up patients were assessed for complete resolution (CR), partial resolution where patient is satisfied with outcome (PR) or no resolution (NR). Success was either CR or PR. RESULTS: Thirty-six men accepted tamoxifen for physiological gynaecomastia. Median age was 31 (range 18-64). Tenderness was present in 25 (71%) cases. Sixteen men (45%) had 'fatty' gynaecomastia and 20 had 'lump' gynaecomastia. Tamoxifen resolved the mass in 30 patients (83.3%; CR=22, PR=8) and tenderness in 21 cases (84%; CR=0, PR=0). Lump gynaecomastia was more responsive to tamoxifen than the fatty type (100% vs. 62.5%; P=0.0041). CONCLUSIONS: Oral tamoxifen is an effective treatment for physiological gynaecomastia, especially for the lump type.

22. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

thanks for the article, looks like ill have to get myself a perscription for some tamoxifen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.