Progress on my 350 Pontiac

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Million, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Million

Million New Member

I don't know if any of you remember the thread I had on my 1969 Pontiac Firebird a few months ago that mentioned a bunch of upgrades and motor work I had planned... Well the front end of the car is currently down to the frame, just about every piece from the firewall forward is at powdercoat, and my motor just came home from the machine shop... Here's an update on that:

I had the machine work, balancing, and short block assembly done at Gotelli's Speed Shop in South San Francisco, CA. Work included a .060 bore, hardened valve seats, threaded rocker arm studs, and a few other odds and ends. The pistons are Federal Mogul, and the cam is from Crane. I used stock connecting rods and crankshaft, everything else was replaced/upgraded.

Compression is 9.5:1, with the bore the motor displaces just under 6L, up from the stock 5.7.

I got the heads on and top end built last week, today I finished my masking, shot paint, and put on the intake manifold, water pump, fuel pump, and balancer. I threw the valve covers on because they're dead sexy.:naughty:

Anyways, this is how I've been spending my evenings, what do you guys think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cock Diesel

Cock Diesel New Member

Very nice.