Programming question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by biomechanoid, Feb 4, 2003.

1. biomechanoid

biomechanoid Guest

I'm working on a program that's supposed to do the following:

call a soubroutine everytime winamp starts a new song that:
    gets the FILENAME of the song being played in winamp, find a .txt file that has the same name, save it as temp.txt

right now my biggest problem is getting the filename from winamp, and finding out when winamp changes songs.

the other (smaller) problem is finding a text file with the same name as the mp3, but I think that's just because (up until last week) I haven't touched a programming language since Qbasic.

I'm using VB BTW.

2. Slimmy

Slimmy Get Richt or Die Trying

There is a script that does that for Coolmon, if you could find it, you could see what it does and it might help you.

3. biomechanoid

biomechanoid Guest

I'm assuming that you're referring to the getting the mp3 filename. are you referring to the script being someplace in this forum?

I was told that you HAVE to program a plug-in in order to get this info, but right now I've got it ghetto-engineered by selecting the winamp window, hitting "alt+3" and then copying the 1st line of text (which happens to be the file playing)

4. Slimmy

Slimmy Get Richt or Die Trying

There is a script file already made, which I believe creates a text file with the song in it, and then that text file can be searched so that the song info can be shown in Coolmon on the desktop.

Check this page:

http://coolmon.arsware.org/extensions/