programmers: what types of small apps do you work on for yourself?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Tk, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Tk

Tk Well-Known Member

i just need to brush up on my c# programming a bit and need some ideas for little projects to keep me busy.

2. CompiledMonkey

CompiledMonkey New Member

When I'm programming, I am normally working on my consulting efforts, class assignments, the large class project I'm working on, or utility type applications for work. I also wrote and maintain our department website (www.isy.vcu.edu).

The consulting is generally low end web applications for local businesses and organizations. My class assignments are analyzing searching/sorting algorithms and data structures. Something which I've really been getting into. :big grin: The class project is different from the previous class I mentioned. This revolves around a programming competition for Microsoft. That's all we do. Currently there is no actual coding going on, only diagrams and planning.

I do however work on smaller yet still interesting programs for work. For example, I've written a program which automates our Active Directory account creation for the University labs. During the start of a semester when we're getting 10-20 account requests a day, it saves us about an hour of time. This program creates the account setting all needed fields, generates a Word document with their domain account, temp password, and all of our rules for the labs, prints out the Word document, emails the user that their account has been created, and finally updates a database (Oracle) that the account has been created.

3. affende

affende Guest

i get ideas from friends books abd build the apps the best i can just looking at the GUI....if i need help, i turn to the source code and get it....

4. ChosenGSR

ChosenGSR Mama always said you'd be the chosen one

you can always do my algorithms homework if you are bored

5. anjego

anjego Invading your economy!

write me an app that will play mp3s like an alarm clock.

6. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

Taskmanager.

7. EkriirkE

EkriirkE Zika Xenu OT Supporter

Scheduled Tasks/Task Scheduler