Programme to scale down MB size of video?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BlueFlag, Jul 1, 2007.

1. BlueFlag

BlueFlag Guest

Hi,

I've been having problems with Windows Movie Maker lately, when I import a video, add some effecs it crashes, this means I just cannot import it and save it, as it crashes.

I just need to import the file then save it then the amount of 'MB' on a file will just gone way down, this is what I want.

I've tried some free trails but they want you to pay before you can even use the software! (Why would I pay when I don't even know the software works with the trail getting disabiled on every setting nearly.)

Please help, this has been driving me crazy, I've tried to fix this problem for a solid week now..

2. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

try auto gk

3. Pr0ud2Bazn

Pr0ud2Bazn New Member

I'm not sure, but I think if you convert the file to .rmvb format the amount of storage it takes up will go down, but i'm also not 100% sure that Windows Movie Maker will support .rmvb files.
    Anyway, Movie Maker is one of the WORST pieces of software I've EVER used. It crashes constantly and makes me want to punch the screen. Depending on what you are doing, you may want to try out Ulead from Corel. (I think the free trial is a 140 mb download: great software)

4. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

i always use windows movie maker and it works fine for me :dunno:

5. BlueFlag

BlueFlag Guest

working now, thanks