GUN Program to Track/Catalogue your Firearms

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by wildrider, Sep 30, 2004.

1. wildrider

wildrider OT Supporter

Does anyone have or can share a link to a good catalogue program for firearms.
    Serial #'s, Description,Value, Etc. Nothing really fancy just basic stuff. Now for the big wish.....To have it available for an Ipaq PDA. Thanks for any input

2. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

http://www.vpackrat.com/gunwebsite.htm

I've never used it but it seems pretty complete. I'm sure there are tons of other apps out there.

I have a spreadsheet that I use for insurance purposes. It's low cost (free) and I can customize any fields I want. I don't have hundreds of guns so it has worked well for me.

3. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Right now i'm just using Excel. There was an excellent program that i had about three years ago, called ThinkDB. It was basically a fully customizable version of that Packrat program, that was easy as hell to use.

i really want to get the updated version of it again.

4. wildrider

wildrider OT Supporter

Thanks all. Looked at Packrat. Nice, but not useable on on a PDA. Contacted them and they said MAYBE next release. ThinkDB is Palm..so thats out. Guess I might have to come up with something in Excel also. If I find anything else, I'll let ya'll know

5. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

thinkDB Desktop can be used from your PC, but it looks like the company (thinkingbytes.com) got bought out. i don't know if you'd be able to come up with anything anyway.

i just downloaded a Java program called DruidIII that seems to be what we want, i'll let you know how it turns out.

6. wildrider

wildrider OT Supporter

Thanks