SRS Professor is dodging me and it's really pissing me off.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SolidRanger, Dec 21, 2009.

1. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

I'm looking for suggestions on what to do guys. I tried posting this in another board but got no help, so I figured I'd ask her sense I'm about to freak the fuck out.

I just finished the semester, the 18th was the day the residence halls closed so I was packed up and on my way to my hometown by the time my professor emailed everyone to announce that he posted the final grades for the class.

Only problem is the schmuck didn't give me credit for a paper I just turned in the other day, and it being worth 10% of the overall grade his error has dropped my grade from a B to a freaking C.

I've emailed him twice since then and I called his office and left a voicemail, with no response whatsoever. Final grade reports are due to the registrar's office on Tuesday and I don't want to have my GPA hurt by a professor's error.

Seems like the guy is dodging me. Any advice on how I can get ahold of him before I pull my freaking hair out? I can't exactly camp outside his office now that I'm a couple hundred miles away now. I couldn't find his name in the phone book either.

2. BoomBoomBoy

BoomBoomBoy Guest

Maybe he's not dodging you at all. Maybe he doesn't check emails or voicemail during the Holiday break. If it was his error, I'm sure you two can work it out.

3. Pepe

Pepe New Member

yah, if it is an error he can make changes anytime up until your graduation. also, if you are really pressing for an answer, email/call the department head he works in, or possibly even the dean of your program.

best of luck

4. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

I would certainly hope so, I just know the final grades are due to the registrar on Tuesday and I want to avoid this going in the computer because it can cause hickups with my scholarship.

5. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

Talk to the department advisor