Professional Digital Photographers

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by colosodian, Oct 20, 2005.

1. colosodian

colosodian Next Gen

Will you use Aperture? From a casual photographers viewpoint, it looks like an amazing program. Support for dual monitors :bigthumb:

http://www.apple.com/aperture/

2. rzarecta

rzarecta New Member

:cool: Not a pro, but my friend was tellin me about that this morning in digi photog class

3. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

that looks like a sweet program. I'll continue to use photoshop but I wouldn't mind having it.

4. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

I just watched the quicktime sales pitch and was impressed.

I won't be the first in line, but see myself buying it after they work the bugs out of V1.0.

I'm a retoucher/illlustrator by trade and photography is a semi passionate hobby. That explains why I bought the Canon 350D (Rebel XT) instead of the 20D.

5. fishyhell

fishyhell muscle68>catholic school children

I'll try to get a grant for my school's yearbook program. With that i'll hopefully be able to get A quad and this.

I can only hope.

6. ppops

ppops mark webber = teh future

looks cool.

7. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

looks amazing but i cant justify the $500 since i'm not a pro

8. TurboDerek

TurboDerek My favorite meal is horsemeat and rice.

i getting it. it's not photoshop but a digital photolab. check out the video on apple web site apple.com/aperture/quicktours/
    i've been want to buy a desktop for the last 4 year. this is the app that has pushed it over the edge.

9. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

it's probably a lot less useful to people who don't need to work in RAW constantly. Apparently though, there is no app out there that filled this niche until now, i.e. no one developed a pro-level RAW workflow application, not even Adobe. Pretty cool :cool: It's not trying to be photoshop, it's more like a new class of app, trying to fill a need that has been band-aided by the overlap of existing photo apps.

10. MrBucket

MrBucket OT Supporter

Its not made to replace photoshop, its made to supplement it, develop the photos (digitally) with aperture and then open them into photoshop and do all your editing there (besides all the raw adjustments you did in aperture)

the main competitor of aperture is phase one's capture one software which i own and use for shooting raw

11. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

:werd: if you watch the demos, Aperture is designed so that you can launch images into photoshop on-the-fly, do corrective work or whatever else you need to do there, and save -- Aperture receives the updated changes in real-time without the need to close the file... AND it keeps the nondestructive RAW editing you've done to the file as well, even after the changes committed by photoshop! Fucking sweet :coold:

I can't really describe it well, but watch the "nondestructive edit" movie to see what I mean. I dunno how they have parallel workflows going (i.e. Aperture and PS at the same time) but it's amazing.