Product Review Thread

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Scottwax, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Please put all product reviews in this thread! Please follow these rules when posting reviews:

1. Please be honest.

2. Be as thorough as possible. Pros/cons, etc.

3. If you sell the product you are reviewing, make it known in your review.

2. Scottwax

Poorboys EX review

www.poorboysworld.com

From the website:

EX SEALANT is an Amino Functional Resin with Carnuba. Use it post-polishing to ensure EXtra shine, EXtra protection and EXtra long-lasting beauty for your vehicles.

I mentioned in a thread on Autopia that I wanted to try Poorboy's EX since I had heard a lot of good things about it. I got a PM from jgv (who lives in Portugal!) that he had an unused bottle he would send me (in exchange for a product in the future that he could not get hold of as easily as I could). He shipped it to me and I got it in only a week.

Anyway, I tried it Friday morning on a black Mercury Marauder that is a very well maintained car. EX goes on very easily, just as easily as Carnauba Moose does. I would do about 1/4th of the car, then go back and wipe off the excess after it hazed. Wipes right off, no noticable streaking either. The finished result is a very carnauba like appearance, a nice wet shimmer. Nice slickness to it also.

That afternoon, I used it on a moderately neglected Acura RL that hadn't been waxed in about a year. I had to use DACP on the hood and trunk (surface scratches) then go over the whole car with Swirl Free Polish then over it again with Vanilla Moose. I used Poorboy's EX to top it off and the results were excellent. Very nice wet sheen and the lady was really pleased with the results.

Pros: Very easy to use both in the shade and sun. Dries very quickly so you can buff off the excess quickly-no long wait. Has a wetter look than other sealants I have tried, probably due to the carnauba content.

Cons: Not quite as wet looking as Carnauba Moose, nor are the reflections as sharp as a pure sealant-actually not necessarily cons, but simply a function of a compromise between traditional carnauba waxes and sealants.

To sum up, Poorboy's EX is an easy to use product that gives a very nice wet shine and should offer more durability than typical carnaubas do. I will keep track of how long the product beads and stays slick.

Here are some cars I used Poorboy's on.

This is the Acura RL I did last Friday. (other products I used on it are above)

[​IMG]

And the whole car-light was fading quickly and I was in the shade of the owner's house, so the pic is a bit darker than I'd prefer but I wanted the picture to truly represent how the vehicle looked so I didn't try to brighten the picture.

[​IMG]

This is a 2002 Tahoe I detailed this weekend. It was in decent shape, so I used Vanilla Moose and Poorboy's EX.

[​IMG]

Here is a Miata I did yesterday. No shade at all and temps in the mid 70's. I polished with Vanilla Moose and used two coats of Poorboys.

[​IMG]

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Would you use this as a wax, or just a sealant? If just a sealant, what do you think about this product vs. Final Polish?

4. Scottwax

Poorboy's EX is non abrasive and Final Polish has light abrasives, so you can't really use EX as a one step sealant like FP, but you can use it in place of a straight carnauba to get sealant protection with more of a carnauba look than Final Polish.

BTW, I am now testing Poorboys Polish with carnauba, SSR1 & SR2 polishes and their new paste wax, Natty's Paste Wax. Mostly I've been using the Polish with Carnauba, then EX and topping with the Paste Wax. I'll have pics up soon, but the combination is very nice. Similar in appearance to Vanilla Moose/Carnauba Moose but it should be slightly more durable-though it is a 3 step process instead of 2.

5. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Well, I think I'm missing something then. The whole sealant thing is new to me, I've never known the need for one before.

Here's what I do once a year (December):
    Clay
    DAC/P
    SFP
    Vanilla Moose
    Carnuba Moose

March:
    Carnuba Moose

June:
    Vanilla Moose
    Carnuba Moose

September:
    Carnuba Moose

What do I need the sealant for, how often would I use it and where does it fit in to my product use? Does it just add on to what I'm already using, or replace something else? :confused:

6. Scottwax

Pics probably on Monday.

First car was a 1987 Porsche 944 Turbo, with the original single stage paint. I last detailed it in August, using Meguiars Swirl Free Polish, Vanilla Moose and topped with either S100 or CMW, I don't remember due to old timer's disease. :( Anyway, this is a pic from that detail:

[​IMG]

Since it had been 5 months since it was last waxed and it sits outside most of the time, I wasn't sure what kind of shape it would be in. When I got to the guy's house, there was a nice layer of dust on the paint. Initially, when washing it, there was no beading on the horizontal surfaces, but once the dust was gone, when I would overlap onto the clean paint with the QEW, there was some light beading still. The sides were still beading. Paint was still smooth, but not very slick. Best of all, I noticed no visible oxidation in the nearly 17-year-old single stage paint.

After washing the car with QEW, I went over it with Vanilla Moose, which left it looking very shiny. I then went over the whole car using NXT, and while it was drying (bottle says to wait 10-15 minutes before removing, I dress the fenderwells and cleaned the mats. No sense just standing around, right? ;)

NXT wiped off very easily, just a few spots where I initially applied it too thick had some minor streaks, so I went back over the areas a few minutes later and they wiped off. The paint looked very nice....kind of how I would imagine it would look if you mixed UPP and CMW...most of the shine and reflections of UPP and most of the depth and wetness of CMW...a nice comprimise, I guess. My customer came out and took a look and went to grab his digital camera and take some pics. I had already taken some before, during and after close ups, and then I got some full car shots. I then finished the interior of the car (normally, I do the interior first, but there were some dark clouds and a 50% chance of rain, so I wanted to get the exterior finished and shot asap). I spent an hour or so cleaning and dressing the interior and then looked over the exterior again, and the depth and gloss seemed somewhat better, so I took another full car shot. I also noticed as time passed, the slickness noticably increased.

If the customer uploads the pics he took before I get my film developed, I'll post them here.

-----------------------------

The second vehicle was my brother's Honda Oddessy, which I also polished and waxed in August, Winner's Choice Polymer Sealant and topping it with Carnauba Moose. My brother had already had it washed to save me some time. He also mentioned that it was still beading yesterday when it was raining. Score one for Winner's Choice/CMW combo!

This is the van when I detailed it in mid August:

[​IMG]

When I got to my brothers, I went over the whole van with Quikshine since it had been a few hours since it had been washed and driven home. I then applied NXT Wax over the whole van, waited about 10 minutes and began to remove it. Like the Porsche, it wiped off with ease, and this time, since I made sure I laid it on thin, no streaking anywhere. My brother immediately notice the improvement in shine, wetness and depth. It was close to sunset, but I think the pics will come out just fine. We pulled it into the garage and it looked very good under the lights. Again, I noticed a few hours later, the paint was noticably slicker and the gloss seemed better. It seems that you don't get the best look and slickness until NXT has cured for a few hours.

-----------------------------------------

My car has 3 layers of UPP on top of Swirl Free and AIO, so I wasn't expecting much (as a side note, my car looked amazingly clean for having been driven in rain the two previous days. Other than the bottom 1/3rd of the car, which had waterspotting, the car looked real clean!). I didn't have time to wash my own car, so I went over the hood and trunk lid with Quikshine and then applied NXT Wax. Easy on, wait 10-15 minutes, wipe off. No muss, no fuss. Like I figured, the improvement was subtle, but the paint was a bit darker and deeper looking. UPP already has a nice wet look, and after NXT, my paint still had a nice wet look.

----------------------------------

My initial impressions:

1. Use thin layers, otherwise you can get some minor streaking.

2. It is not a miracle wax. Don't expect it to be the Holy Grail of Waxes because such a product does not exist. However, it is definitely the best 'off the shelf' consumer wax I've used, based on initial impressions. Durability will be the true test.

3. The appearance and especially the slickness noticably improve after a few hours.

4. NXT does have some filling properties, but it is not a cure-all for poorly prepped paint.

------------------------------

I already have the perfect durability test vehicle for NXT. I have a customer who has a white Dodge Ram SLT that he has me wax about every 3 months. Otherwise, it sits outside under an oak tree (yes, sap!) and his son runs it through the touchless car wash at the gas station about once a week. So far, Poorboy's EX Sealant w/Carnauba is holding up well after about 7-8 weeks, so it will be a month before I'll be applying it. I'll also try not to put anything else on my trunk or hood so I can monitor that as well.

7. Scottwax

You might want to consider using a sealant of some kind in the winter since the weather conditions are so much harsher. You can still use CMW or S100 over a sealant if you want.

8. Scottwax

Here is the Porsche and the Oddyssy after using NXT on them:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Scottwax

Wolfgang products:

http://www.wolfgangcarcare.com/index.html

They were offering introductory kits for evaluation for $10 shipping only. I got one of the last ones available.

I got the Wolfgang kit late yesterday and used it today on two different cars, a black Mercedes E420 and a dark blue BMW 328.

I didn't use the soap yet since I used QEW on both cars. I tried the QD on my trunk lid, seems to be a decent product but no real change in slickness but to be fair, my paint is pretty slick as it is.

Pre-Cleaner-no problems using it. On the E420, I used the MF pad to give the cleaner a little more "oomph" and it worked fine. It was in the low 60s with hazy sunshine and the cleaner spread just fine. I worked in into the paint paint until it seemed mostly clear and then wiped it off with a MF towel. Very user friendly and a good shine, similar to S100 SEC or Vanilla Moose with similar slickness.

Sealant-I shook the bottle up real good like it said and poured a little bit on the foam pad and it just wiped on. The directions said the longer you let it dry, the easier it is to remove, so I applied it to the entire car, then went back over with a MF towel and the excess wiped off with ease. It is just as easy to use as 1Z Glanz Wax or Poorboy's EX. The appearance is very nice. Not quite as liquid looking as a true carnauba, but still had very good depth, reflections and wet look and the finish is very slick....I think it rivals UPP in this regard and no hour wait before removing.

The blue BMW had some minor spider swirling so I used Meguiars SFP #82 first. After already polishing the Pre-Cleaner went on even more easily and again wiped off with no effort. The Sealant glided on and off and the paint seemed to have more of a 'shimmery' look on this car than the E420. Maybe the extra polishing step had something to do with it, I don't know. What I do know is the look was similar to a carnauba, very liquid looking. This customer wanted a carnauba topper, so I used Meguiars #16 Pro Paste Wax which added even more wetness to the paint. I don't know if it will affect the durability of the sealant though and this customer is a bit too far to have to come back the next day to apply the paste wax. In any event, the car looked extremely good with that combination.

All in all, I am really please with the Wolfgang products so far. Very easy to use and so far, excellent results. I think the sealant has more of a "Poorboy's" look than a "Klasse" or "1Z" look, in that it is more liquid looking than super reflective.

Pics will be a few days, I still have about 15 shots left on this roll.

10. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I wonder what the durability is on the sealant? Additionally, would you put a carnauba topper on there, or does it look deep and wet enough to leave it on there by itself with nothing over it?

11. Scottwax

:dunno: I've only had it a few days. Most sealants last 4-6 months. I've had Poorboy's EX on that white Tahoe in this thread since late October and it is still beading.

It looks pretty good by itself. Normally, I would have waited to put carnauba on top of it, but the customer asked for it and there really was no option to return the next day and apply it.

12. Scottwax

Wolfgang pics:

E420

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BMW 330 Sport, not a 328 :uh:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

Poorboys Bold N Bright Tire Dressing
    I bought a 16oz bottle of this on my last order from Premiumautocare.com because I needed to get more tire dressing. It's been an absolute joy working with this product..

PROS - Goes on very easily using an Eagle One Tire applicator and then after about 10-15 minutes it dries completely. No greasey tires to attract all that road/gravel dust and make your newly cleaned tires look unkept.

CONS - I have yet to run into any cons besides possibly the price, $8 for 16oz bottle.

Overall, I would recommend it to anyone. I'll post up pics once I get my roll of film developed.

14. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

Poorboys Natty's Paste Wax
    After hearing great reviews about this product I decided that I needed to try it. In a panel to panel comparison with Souveran on a red SC430, the difference was almost impossible to tell. The application was very easy and I found it easy to put on thin layers without any problems. It is without a doubt the easiest paste wax that I've ever removed. A microfibre towel with a little QD on it and it wipes right off.

PROS - The price, $8 for a can of this is very cheap. Ease of use and ease of removal. Comes with a free PVA applicator from Poorboysworld.com (everyone loves free stuff)
    CONS - I'm not sure of the durability yet. I've had it on my car for 3 weeks now and it's still beading like the day after I put it on.

If you want a Paste wax that looks amazing on just about any finish then this is for you. The ease of application and removal make your days of sweating it out removing other waxes is gone. The price is the cheapest around and the quality is amazing. I highly recommend this product.

15. GSRstilez

GSRstilez New Member

Menzerna PO-85RD and PO-106 Ceramiclear Polishes

Before I begin the review, I just want to say that the reason I am reviewing the two polishes together is 1) They are the only Ceramiclear Polishes in Menzerna’s line (currently) and 2) they behaved the absolute same way other than cutting ability and viscosity.

PO-85RD = 1.5 of 5 in cut (similar to Poorboys’ SSR1, Meguiar’s #82 Swirl Free Polish)
    PO106 = 2.5 of 5 in cut (similar to Poorboy’s SSR 2, Meguiar’s #80 Speed Glaze)

Packaging : I cannot not comment on this area as I received the product as a sample from an Autopian member (Thanks Dino).

Smell : They both had virtually no smell, however when worked in they took on a slightly ‘mineral’ smell. Sort of like a Metamucil or vitamin scent.

Viscosity : They are both relatively thin liquids. PO106 is slightly thicker only because the abrasive content is higher.

The way I worked the polishes : I worked in 2’x 2’ sections with my Makita Rotary Polisher using a Lake Country White Polishing Pad @ 1500 rpm. I laid two beads of product 6” long each and equal distance apart. I primed the pad with a couple spritz’ of Poorboy’s Spray and Wipe. I started by smearing the polish in with the pad/polisher before activating the polisher. I worked the polishes in with medium pressure, overlapping each pass, then breaking to a lighter pressure, again overlapping each pass, and finally a very light pressure, overlapping each pass. This method proved to fully exercise the fine abrasives in these polishes. After the passes were complete there was virtually no residue. I wiped clean with a Viper MF and moved to the next section.

Thoughts: I like the polishes a lot. They are very easy to work with on the rotary polisher. They are also both versatile enough to be worked in completely with ZERO buffer marring, leading to a direct application of an LSP (last step product). The gloss level is 5 of 5 and I will agree with Menzerna on that. It is of the highest I have experienced among polishes. It left a slightly wet, very glossy, clear, and reflective finish with ZERO milkiness (cloudy/milky look on paint). The feel they left was not very smooth but a slight squeak to it letting you know that there are no fillers/oils in these polishes.

Pics:

[​IMG]

Notes:

- Menzerna recommends only using rotary polishers for these polishes, but due to the ‘wet’ consistency and showing they didn’t gum up, I believe using a PC will work too, but probably not as well.
    - On a couple rare occasions, I had a slight product build up on the surface due to not cleaning the pad often enough. With a quick sprits of Poorboy’s Spray and Wipe, I was able to effortlessly remove the residue.
    - I cleaned the pad after completing every 2 panels. To do this, I took a hard bristled nylon brush and while the polisher was operating (pad facing the sky), I ran the brush gently over the entire surface as the built up product cleaned out of the foam pores.

Purchasing

- www.menzernausa.com (Polish)
    - www.poorboysworld.com (Spray and Wipe)
    - www.classicmotoring.com (Viper MF)

Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket (FMJ) Sealant

Packaging : I can not comment on this area as I received this product as a sample from a member on DetailCity (Thanks Charles).

Smell : It smelled like I forgot my laundry in the washing machine. It was that of a mildew-y smell that I did not care for.

Viscosity : FMJ is a very thin creamy red liquid. Looks almost like Thousand Island Dressing. A little goes a very long way ( .25 - .5 ounces per vehicle).

How I applied : As with most sealants, I applied FMJ with a yellow circular foam applicator. I applied it to the foam applicator in a very thin bead straight across covering from one side to the other of the applicator. I applied in a back and forth motion (how the wind flows of the car) to minimize any possible surface marring. The FMJ goes over the surface very easily. I applied extremely thin coats…so thin that you see them go on initially but they disappear by the time you come back with your stroke. If I doubted the sealants presence on the pad, I added a little more. I applied FMJ to the entire vehicle, then removed with a PAC Arctic White MF. FMJ came off with the greatest of ease. There were no problems at all removing this product.

How it looks: FMJ proved to have excellent depth/reflectivity to it’s shine. The shine glowed as well. It was more of a ‘glossy’ look with the first coat than a ‘wet’ look. However, with a 2nd coat applied 2 weeks later, the wetness seemed to increase a touch leaving a more vibrant red. After the second coat, reflectivity increased a touch.

Short Term Thoughts: I had FMJ on my car for 2 weeks, all of those in direct outdoors. It has gone through 2 heavy rainstorms (more than 12 hours each) and a few light rainstorms (spotty rain). The area I am in is very dewy in the morning as well leaving a lot of dew/moisture that bakes in over the day. I have noticed that the finish cleans up very easy. After rainstorms, it seems as though it was just washed the surface got so clean. The surface has remained very slick over the past 2 weeks with clean-ups done with Poorboy’s Spray and Wipe every 4-5 days.

Purchasing
    - www.menzernausa.com (FMJ)
    - www.poorboysworld.com (Spray and Wipe)
    - www.premiumautocare.com (Foam Applicator and MF)

Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any questions, feel free to post back! :)

16. Scottwax

Sean, your car's paint makes me want to :wackit:

Seriously to both you and Labster, thanks for the reviews. :)

17. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

The Edge 6.5" Polishing Pads
    One word describes these pads, GREAT. I recommend these pads to anyone that uses a PC ( can't comment on Rotary because I don't use one, yet ). They hold the product really well and seem to apply it really evenly. I prefer them over my LC polishing pad and also more then the Meguairs polishing pads that I have. I purchased 2 of them from premiumautocare.com and got superb service.

PROS - Easy to put on and off, you can use either a 4" backing plate or 6" because the entire back has velcro. They clean out the easiest of any pad that I've used thus far.

CONS - I have yet to find any. I've only used them 3 times so far so I can't comment on durabilty. They seem like they'll hold up and The Edge from detailcity has been known to replace bad pads if they prematurely wear out.

18. BlinginAssRims

BlinginAssRims Now I'm blaumped out

Meguiars #34
    I've been using this product as a final step for claybarring and for quick detailing for a good year or so now. It has a nice fragrant smell, goes on and comes off extremely easy with a brilliant shine. (When salesmen would want cars Kargarded they would often ask us to just use 34 because it looked nicer) and has a wonderfully refreshing smell.

I guess I'm beginning to reappreciate this product because we've been using a jax wax body shine (ugh) for sometime due to nazi new ownerships cost cutting measures and we only just recently were able to go back to the 34 or as we in my prep dept. have so lovingly named it "slutty whore".

As far as pros go i'd say:
    Easy to remove
    Kick ass shine that looks deeper than any bodyspray i've ever used.
    Smells really good
    You don't need a ton of it to get the job done

Cons
    Cost is a bit pricey but no more so than most detail sprays.
    Not super long lasting

19. Scottwax

BlinginAssRims-you should be able to get #34 by the gallon at a Meguiars pro distributor for about $18. The price per ounce is very cheap when you buy gallons.

I agree, #34 is one of my favorite QDs.

20. BlinginAssRims

BlinginAssRims Now I'm blaumped out

thanks, my name is Josh by the way.

and i'll bet you're scott.

21. Scottwax

Yes, my name is Scott. Welcome to our detailing forum, Josh :wavey: .

22. Joetabasco

Joetabasco The Wing King

303 Aerospace protectant

This stuff is great for all around cleaning of plastics, rubber, vinyl, leather and fiberglass. It may work on more materials that are similar, but thats what I have tried it on myself.

I recently bought a 1997 Mazda 626 that was in great shape inside and out but figured that it could use a little more attention.

On Vinyl dashboard and Plastic trim this stuff is great! It cleans well, although you may want something a little stronger to start for deeper scratches in plastic door sill covers and footwell area. It leaves plastic with a satin finish that favors the shiny side of things. Don't get me wrong, it's NOWHERE near the sheen of Armor-all.

On rubber door seals and window seals it brings the rubber up nicely without letting it turn "plastic looking" i.e. over shiny. I have only used this stuff for a month and it stands up well to abuse on rubber, plastic and vinyl. according to the bottle it protects against ALL UV rays to protect anything it can soak into or be applied to!:)

My B-pillars were faded to a dull gray from the satin black that it came fresh from the factory with. I applied it to these areas with a little fear as they were painted and not plastic. It brought them back to thier original color with about 2 applications and some soak-in time. It worked well, but is not overly durable against any weather. any car wash seems to wash it off of this type of surface. Looks good in the meen time and is the only thing that I have used on the b-pillars so far.

I stopped by a friends place after he had just washed his Pontiac Mini-van. He was complaining that he couldn't get his mirrors back to thier black color. The van is about 3 or 4 years old, (I can't remember). Here is a before shot:
    [​IMG]
    and after a generous appplication of the 303 AP, about 10 minutes of waiting and a good buffing with a MF cloth, here is the after shot:

[​IMG]
    It's safe to say the guy was stunned!:naughty: He said he was going out to buy some after he saw the results.

I followed the instructions on the spray bottle and applied with a cloth or sponge and let it soak in for a few minutes and buffed out the excess.

It does leave a greasy spot on glass or paint if you happen to slip while applying it to trim, but as it is water based it cleans up with a snap and if it dries leaves no stains on anything at all. A little QD cleans up any overspray from paint.

Havent used it on tires so I cant give an opinion on that!

At $13.99canadian a spraybottle, it isnt the cheapest, but i still find it to be well worth the price.

I hope you have found this informative as this is my first review.
    This forum has been a HUGE help in getting me started on my own car and possible a part time business and I wanted to put in my 2 cents and thank everyone who has helped me!:bigthumb:

23. nicklol

nicklol Nu OT Supporter

Autoglym Super Resin Polish and Extra Gloss Protection
    This thread needs to be bumped and kept alive.
    I got this combo awhile ago off of Autopia's store when they were closing out some stuff. I detail cars for my family, friends, coworkers for spare income and am no professional but I try :hs:

I use this particular combo on light colored cars like silver because of its ease, durability, and doesn't look too bad.

This autoglym pair is like Wolfgang Twins. You got Super Resin Polish, which is a paint cleaner and sealant. Extra Gloss Protection is a a standalone sealant. SRP can be used by itself and supposedly lasts pretty long from what I hear. It has a light synethetic citrus smell to it. Not particular pleasing. I apply it by hand with a microfiber applicator or by PC with a polishing pad. Goes on and off pretty easy.

After applying and removing SRP, next is Extra Gloss Protection (EGP). It's very thin and very light. The smell is like paint thinner and will make you light headed if you breathe it in :o. The trick to applying it is using a microfiber applicator, pour a little, and apply very thin with very little pressure against the paint. If you use the same amount of pressure you would use with a carnauba wax, it will be very difficult to remove. If you wait a little bit for EGP to cure and apply it right, it will be easy to remove and the results are stunning. The paint feels incredibly slick and leaves very nice gloss and reflection.

Overall, I'd recommend it to someone who wants to give it a try. I can give it a comparison to the Klasse twins but I think Autoglym is just as effective.

This is what my car looks like aftering being cleaned up. I applied it a month and half ago. Car went through a snow storm and several rain showers. A quick QEW wash easily removed the elements and the car felt pretty smooth. I'm guessing durability is pretty good. Sorry for the quality of pics, I'll try to take better pics because this doesn't do the car justice how it looks IRL.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Ingen

Ingen New Member

Turtle Wax Ice Paste Wax

Turtle Wax ICE paste:

Paid: 15 dollars, for an 8 oz tub of paste with applicator and microfiber towel.

Procedure:

1: Last week, I washed my truck and hand-dried, then waxed with turtle-wax super hard shell paste. Non-carnauba, I think, since it's a couple years old and doesn't have the typical CARNAUBA!!!! whoring written all over it.

2) After one week it was dusty and pissed me off, so I washed and dried with turtle-wax zipwax car wash (it's junk, but I already had it, and I"m in college right now. I R Poor). Dried with the dual microfiber method (wet and damp), then went over the dry surface with a diaper-soft cloth to clean it up good for the ice.

3)Dampen the applicator, and rub it on the paste so it's SLIGHTLY liquid. you wont' see a film of liquid on the top or anything, it'll all go into the sponge. Just apply as you feel is necessary. Rub it all on the car, making sure it goes over trim, headlights, and tail lights. Don't worry - they will be okay :)

4) When it dries to a 'slight haze' (meaning whenever you're done applying) go over it with a folded microfiber. I did what the box said, used one side to wipe off the excess, and then flipped it over and polised. Got very shiny :coold:

Pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I did the headlight on the right more than the one on the left to compare how it does on the clear acryllic. Seems to improve it!

[​IMG]
    I know, tire shine, fender wells, glass, etc. I just wanted to test out the ICE itself, and to see how it did with the 'we won't screw up your trim!' claim.

25. BradUF

BradUF Guest

F21 Turtle Wheel Cleaner..

This is the only other wheel cleaner I have used besides Mothers FX cleaner and I would like to compare them side by side. I feel overall the Mothers FX wheel cleaner worked better and had a citrus smell. I know for a fact that Mothers is safe on all wheels. The only thing negative about Mothers was that it came in a fairly small bottle, went quickly and cost more then Turtle F21.

I Picked up Turtle F21 for 2 bucks each at walmart and it seems to work decent. I really like it because they give you a fair amount of it and it is cheap. Neither one of the cleaners were spray on and rinse off type clean even though they both said they were. You do need to take a cloth to the wheels to ensure good looking clean rims with no water spots.

Overall I like the Turtle F21 just because it is cheaper and you get more of it. You can't beat 2 bucks a bottle.