processor/mobo question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by bptillman, Apr 6, 2005.

1. bptillman

bptillman New Member

okay ive got this 3 year old computer with a 1.3 ghz celeron in it and the mobo is intel d815efvu...i was wondering either
    A) whats the fastest processor that can go in that motherboard or
    B) what kind of motherboard can i buy that can use the current processor but be able to handle faster ones?

if that makes sense help would be appreciated..if confused pm or post in here

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

3. bptillman

bptillman New Member

that website is for the 815efv (which has AGP and some other things)
    i have the efvu (which has no AGP)...
    btw i didnt buy the motherboard by itself...its part of a gateway someone gave me

4. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

why not spend like 150 bucks or so and get a new mobo and proc that will be in the 2.6ghz rage? barton chips are dirt cheap, and a mobo that will work for you will be like 60 bucks. do eeet.

5. Mikey D

Mikey D New Member

It's the right page, you should have read on further

http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d815efv/sb/CS-013103.htm

Intel® Desktop Board D815EFV/D815EPFV
    What Does the "U" Mean in the Intel(R) Desktop Board D815EFVLU Product Code?

Intel is introducing a new configuration of the Intel® Desktop Board D815EPFV/D815EFV. The board provides support for both the Pentium® III processors and Intel® Celeron® processors manufactured in the 0.18-micron technology, in the 370-pin FC-PGA package. This board will support future Pentium III Processors manufactured in the 0.13-micron technology, in the 370-pin FC-PGA package.

To determine if you have a Universal board that is capable of supporting the processors mentioned above, check to see if the letter "U" is silk-screened on the desktop board next to the board name. Or if you have a boxed product, check to see if the letter "U" ends the boxed product code.