TAT Problems with tattoos?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Godspeed, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Godspeed

Godspeed New Member

Anyone ever have a problem with other people concerning their tattoos? Mainly for people with visible tattoos such as sleeves, do you seem to catch the "bad guy" image from others? Has it ever affected your occupational life in terms of getting a job or being treated differently at the workplace because of it? I know in most cases, tattoos can be covered up but has anyone ever been denied an opportunity because of their tattoos?

I guess this can go for piercings too.

2. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I work in a business enviorment with several people who have full sleaves......

3. Godspeed

Godspeed New Member

:eek: cool shit. what do you do?

4. IntheWorks

I work for a Telecom company.

5. Godspeed

Godspeed New Member

:bigthumb: makes me feel better knowing that people with sleeves aren't treated unfairly, atleast in your case. I don't know much about tattoos at all (which is why i'm here) but for some reason I feel that people may view tattoos such as sleeves as being...unacceptable in a work enviroment such as yours. I don't feel that way personally but you know how some people can be flat out closed minded about it.

6. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

I haven't had a problem with my tatt (it's small, on my back, high between the shoulders) People rarely see it at work.. but I HAVE been treated a bit different for my piercings. I have 15 in my ears and one in my lip, People dpn't generally see the nips, so those aren't a problem.. but the facial piercings have made it hard to get a job in the normal range o the work force. I need ot get a retainer for my next round of appliying anf interviews.

7. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

it's the only thing keeping me from stretching my lobes to like 1/2" which is what i'd love, but i know it would make things tough for me when i go job hunting. i'd LOVE it if people were evolved enough to accept things like this in a professional setting.

8. IntheWorks

Yeah, I lucked out and just work for a pretty laid back company. But, not all companies will hold the same policies. I still won't get a tattoo in a spot that I can't cover just incase.....

9. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

10. Godspeed

Godspeed New Member

good info. thanks for the link

I'd love to get a sleeve done but i'm afraid of how it would affect my life later as far as work goes. I know i can always wear long-sleeved shirts and it wouldn't be a problem, but just the possibility of being denied a job because of it makes me :confused: