Problems with Ortho Evra "The Patch" staying on...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by FredricaBimmel, Nov 10, 2006.

1. FredricaBimmel

FredricaBimmel Great big fat person

My girlfriend started the patch about two weeks ago and so far we've had to replace it twice because one formed a bad crease and one peeled away.

The first was on her lower abdomen and the last one that peeled off was on her upper back (both places where you can have them).

We've followed the directions and this still happens. Do any of you that have worn the patch have advice on what to do?

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Clean the area before she puts it on. I had problems with mine staying on my lower abdomen (it would rub against my underwear and come off), so I always used my upper shoulder where my bra strap couldn't rub on it. They stay on pretty good, I'm not sure why she's having problems with them. If they're not staying on, she might want to contact her doctor and get on another type of BC.

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

When you put it on, you have to press it into your skin for 3-5 minutes. Don't put it where your waistband will be rubbing it, either. A girl I dated put it a bit below her waist, to the side, and changed which side she put it on each week. She tried other places but that ended up being the best.

4. Biggity

Biggity Only the dead have seen the end of war

This is what I did when I was on the patch.

5. Ibanez Guy

Ibanez Guy New Member

wife used it on her butt, but now shes on the pill

6. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

I had the same problem...the increased estrogen in the patch didnt agree with me either, so I went back to the pill.

7. FredricaBimmel

FredricaBimmel Great big fat person

She's experienced some pretty emotional events since going on it, so I'm hoping it will pass.

We put the new one on her upper arm and it seems to stay on better than the other locations. We'll see.

8. JasonD18

JasonD18 New Member

My wife uses the patch. Puts it on her lower abdomen, below the waistband (much like everyone else is saying). Also, the post about cleaning the area is important. She usually puts it on after her morning shower on her "patch change day". Hold it there for about 30sec (3-5min is too long). Also, make sure it's FLAT when your gf puts it on. If it's flat, it shouldn't crease.

If none of this works, then yes, go ask her doctor about getting a different type of birth control.

9. Elaine

Elaine New Member

I used the patch for a bit. I didn't really like it because lint fuzz would form around the edges. But mine always stayed on. I moved it around each week. I wore it on my tummy, my butt, my arm, my thigh...
    But maybe your girlfriend just needs a different method. Personally, I prefer non-hormonal methods nowadays.