Problems with Holograms

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by flip2jetta, Aug 23, 2004.

1. flip2jetta

flip2jetta Guest

I just detailed my car using the following products;

1. Mothers claybar kit (Used the quick detailer afterwards to clean everything up)
    2. Meguiar's DACP (applied and removed w/ a terry cloth towel)
    3. Meguiar's No.9 Swirl Remover (applied and removed w/ a terry cloth towel)
    4. No.7 Showtime Glaze (Applied w/ foam pad removed w/ terry cloth)
    5. NXT Tech-Wax (applied w/ supplied pad removed w/ microfiber)
    6. S-100 (two coats done 4 hours apart and 12 hours after applying NXT, applied w/ foam pad removed w/ microfiber)

Well a day after it was all said and done I decided to clean some left over residue and dust with the Showtime detailing spray that came with the claybar and a fresh microfiber towel, well now I have hollograms. What's the deal? I know they weren't there before, and I wiped the spray up pretty good with a microfiber towel, should I just go over it again and buff it longer or what?

I'll post pics of it tonight after I get her cleaned up, just got a digital camera a few days ago so this is the perfect excuse to use it :p

Edit: Almost forgot to mention, the entire process was done by hand! So my arms are KILLING me.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2004
  2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

You probably applied the DAC/P wrong if you now have holograms.

3. flip2jetta

flip2jetta Guest

How come it didn't show up until now and how do I fix this? It's annoying the hell out of me because I followed all the tips people had about the products I used, I lurk here all the time. The holograms aren't too bad either and they're only on the hood as far as I can tell. What do you think I did wrong?

4. Don_Rumsfeld

Don_Rumsfeld Guest

sounds like you scratched it by working in the DACP to hard -

easy to do with terrycloth

5. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I agree. Even, steady pressure - there's a definate "sweet spot" to it.

6. flip2jetta

flip2jetta Guest

CRAP, so should I just try it again with less pressure? There wasn't any paint transfer so I'm sure I didn't mess up THAT bad, just wanna fix it. Should I try again by hand or orbital buffer? What should I use? Thanks for telling me what I did wrong so I know for next time, but how do I fix it guys???

7. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I would use a DA - pretty foolproof.

8. flip2jetta

flip2jetta Guest

:( too broke to afford one, I'll just do what I can without it then.

9. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You must work DACP until it is nearly clear and dry or you will get surface marring. You need to completely break down the abrasives in it. Also, make sure you refold the towel for every panel otherwise product builds up on the cloth and will scratch the paint.