Problems with hard drive v. Help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Sandman, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Sandman

Sandman New Member

I just started having some issues with my primary hard drive. It's been working fine until today, I hooked my computer up at my parents house and it's not working right.
    The first time I turned it on, I made it to the welcome screen. I couldn't get my keyboard to work so I restarted the computer. This time it booted from my secondary hard drive :wtf: I restarted again, went into the BIOS and my hard drive wasn't even recognized. I shut down the computer, took a look inside and changed the connection. I went into the BIOS again after turning the computer back on, the hard drive was recognized. I attempted to boot using the hard drive. It made it to this stage of the boot:

[​IMG]

It stayed on this for about 5 minutes then restarted and booted from my old hard drive. I restarted and looked in the BIOS and again my primary drive wasn't recognized.

Cliffs: Drive boots until the stage pictured, then computer restarts and the drive isn't recognized. I turn off the PC and wait, the drive is recognized again. Repeat.

Any suggestions?

2. Sandman

Sandman New Member

Ok, so the hard drive is working but I still can't boot from it. I booted windows 98 from my old hard drive and I could still access my new one. I'm going to try and reformat the new one once I transfer all my files. Seems like an OS problem now. Still looking for ideas/suggestions.