Problems with boot camp on macbook?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by manchild, Dec 7, 2006.

1. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

Friend of mine is having some problems, he's got the middle Macbook, white one.

First, he said it doesn't let him run direct x 9, he had to download an older version (8.x) and force Steam to use that, which he's been using for CounterStrike:Source.

Also, when he's Playing counterstrike, he has to have it in a box, it won't let him run it full screen. If he does attempt to run it full screen, the images get distorted, and the game lags horribly and the picture gets "pixelated" (all choppy and cuts up into squares).

Finally, large downloads in Boot Camp take forever. Downloads are fine in Tiger, and even when he's downloading little clips and what not in XP they are fine, but he downloaded a Star Wars Galaxies patch or something, he said it should have taken arround 5 hours but ended up taking about 23 hours to download.

Any ideas or similar problems? Could it have anything to do with the integrated graphics?

Anyone running CS:Source on thier Macbook, and did you have to do anything weird? I've got a macbook pro, so I'd assume the dedicated VRam in my computer would change the circumstances.

2. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

bump?

3. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

Does anyone have any ideas? Still no progress...