Problems with a 9800pro

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by RobertY3K, Aug 13, 2004.

1. RobertY3K

RobertY3K Pentacampeão

my system specs:

soyo mobo
    xp 2400
    kingston 512ddr
    wd 80gb hd

and ofcourse the ati card, my problem is when i;m playing a game, sometimes it will just freeze up and the VPU recover window comes up. happens when i'm playing mvp2004 ALL the time after a while, and sometimes right away. i'm playing farcry and rarely gives me troubles, it just did it with doom3. i have no idea what it could be, i have swapped between 3 memory sticks, some 3200, and one 2700 with now change. i'm beginning to think that it could be a compatibility problem, and the only thing i could think of is the mobo but i;m not really a pro at this.

what do u guys think it could be? and if someone is running this card with an xp cpu and having no troubles.....what mobo are u using??? i swear to god i'll go out and buying if it means no more fuck ups during gameplay :rant2:

help :wtc:

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

what kind of sound card?

3. RobertY3K

RobertY3K Pentacampeão

integrated on the mobo

4. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

5. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

you try using different drivers?

6. RobertY3K

RobertY3K Pentacampeão

yeah its the same with any driver, either outdated or up to date.

i just went out and bought a asus deluxe, switch it for my soyo, so far no problems, crossing fingers and knocking on wood.

7. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

Dual monitors? I found that Doom3 will quit after 5 minutes while running dual monitors.

However, I haven't gotten out the laser temp finder to find out if I'm simply overheating the card or not.

Edit: Or I could read the rest of the thread :o Lemme know how that goes.

8. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

had some problems running games with my mobo audio. Have a soundblaster audigy i might stick in to try and fix the problem. My motherboard audio hisses a bit too

9. RobertY3K

RobertY3K Pentacampeão

i love this mobo, it is GREAT, it comes with nVidia dolby digital 5.1 APU and nVidia nforce2 ultra 400, i used to get glitching sound in doom3 when walking through doors or when saving, it would get an echo that lasted for a few seconds.........it is no more. it kicks the shit out of this soyo kt600 i had before, games play flawlessly, no overheating apparently, dual lan, and s-ata ready, so i'll be on the market for a new hd just for gaming and make the current ide wd my op sys and apps hd.

i was thinking somewhere along the lines of this, since i dont like ALL the games out there, only a selected few:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=576587&CatId=1384

i would recomend the asus a7n8x-e deluxe to anyone who is into gaming on a budget. :bowdown: