Problems w/ Motorola V551

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Under_Fire, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Under_Fire

Under_Fire Duck and Run

on almost every other call it seems like the people i am talking to are whispering. i cant hear them for shit. but when i go to speaker phone its crystal clear. i dont know what gives, the volume is all the way up and it has never been dropped or anything like that. im starting to hate this phone....any ideas on what i should do?

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

press the volume up button while talking on it and make sure it is set on 7.

they really should have made it louder so it could go to 10. 11 would have rocked!

3. Under_Fire

Under_Fire Duck and Run

the volume is at 7. i think it is defective. i can BARELY hear anything. its really bad.

4. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

Known issue with certain software versions. Happens a lot with the v400 as well. Good 'ol Moto software engineering for ya :down:

1800-801-1101 for warranty. They will ship you out a new one and you send yours back once you receive the replacment phone.

5. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

true story. i'm on my second V551 myself. i got my first one right after they came out and it would white screen several times a day. the new one hasn't done it once. since getting the replacement, it's a pretty solid phone, though i'm about to hand it down to my wife and get her on a GSM plan and off her old TDMA plan.

6. m6speed

m6speed New Member

mine has been doing it too, it is annoying, speakerphone and an earbud work great, but other than that you can't hear anything, stupid phone.