problems sleeping next to SO?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JordanClarkson, Apr 19, 2008.

1. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I've always had problems sleeping next to a girl. I get really turned on and want to have sex, but after it's over I still feel like I can't sleep. Sometimes it's too hot. I usually sleep with a twin blanket but break out my king for her. Sometimes I need to keep switching sides of the bed during the night. This morning at 5am I finally just set up a place on the floor and felt much cooler and more comfortable.

I fear that when I get married, we will be one of those couples that has to sleep in different beds or worse, separate rooms due to my snoring. :hs:

2. fray

fray New Member

I have trouble sleeping with my BF (can't sleep all cuddly, i get too hot). We have a california king. We each sleep on our own side, with separate comforters (because he's a bastard blanket stealer!). Sometimes we'll cuddle for a bit before sleeping, then retreat to our own sides for the rest of the night.

3. FUCKP1G

FUCKP1G Guest

me too here

4. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

i have problems sleeping with dudes sometimes or just sharing a bed in general

when the guy wants to sleep close up on me, i'm wide awak and i usually have to tell him to move over :hs:

5. JordanClarkson

i have the same size, but it feels like a full because she'll sleep in the middle. :mamoru:

i used to do the two blanket thing, but now im insecure about it reducing intimacy and turning lovers into friends

6. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

ive never been able to do it except with one girl. Theres a quote that says true lovers can sleep on the edge of a razor blade.

...or something like that.

7. digitalbs

digitalbs Active Member

I've had the same problem as well. Sorry that I can't give you any information about it, except to point out that you're not alone!

8. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

Well.. husband and I had trouble sleeping next to each other.. but once you get used to it then you can sleep.. its a new situation that you are not used too... so you have to adjust

9. fray

fray New Member

:( He gets 4/5 and I get the narrow 1/5 on the edge.

One blanket turns lovers into enemies.

10. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

learning how to sleep in shitty places helped me out alot, and even started some bad habits, but my woman already takes sleeping pills and sleeps like 12 hours a day so she goes right out, and since i got used to sleeping in a rack on a ship while being rocked like crazy, i just kinda curled up on my side and was out too, only problem is sometimes i throw a punch or an elbow from bad dreams and i snore alot, so if i wake her up shes awake for a bit and pissed

11. TehWookie

TehWookie New Member

I work midnights, so my sleep is fucked already, but Im also a snoring whore. so I tend to sleep in the basement alot. Its cooler, its darker ( which is great for sleeping during the day ) and I still get teh regular sexage.. Its called working it out with each other. She gets her sleep with none of my annoyances..

12. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

when my SO and i sleep, we cuddle for a bit, then after i get overheated we usually roll to respective sides and rack out.
    (she seems to think my body heat is very high, i just know i like it cold!)

13. JordanClarkson

:rofl:

14. razi

razi New Member

I have issues controlling my body temperature... so unless I'm dressed (tshirt and pj's), I overheat and sweat from cuddling very quickly. she'll overheat and toss blankets, then I'll get cold, so we developed a system where she just tosses them onto me. :)

I do snore though, not sure what to do about that. It's sleep apnea, most likely.

15. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

nope, can sleep anywhere basically.

Though I warn the girl first that I tend to molest them in the middle of the night if I wake up or something :mamoru:

The ex jokinly bitched because even though we were in bed for 10 hours or so, she didn't get any real sleep. I kept poking her in the middle of the night.

16. d3cromanc3r

d3cromanc3r 79 Слизняков

it's just something you have to train yourself to do. at least in my case. i have the weirdest sleeping habits and presleep habits. when i'd turn off my t.v. id always start trying to fall asleep facing my t.v., but then after like 4 or 5 minutes, i have to turn and face the wall. then about 5 minutes after that, i have to fold my pillow over my head like i'm trying to keep noise out, even if it's completely silent.

this was a problem for my ex at first, because i'd start cuddling her, then in a couple minutes i'd turn around and face the wall. she thought it was because i didn't want to cuddle her but it was really just because that's how i've fallen asleep for the last 15 years of my life.

so to solve the problem, i'd cuddle her until she fell asleep, then i'd turn and face the wall so her feelings weren't hurt. after doing this for a while, my body just got used to not turning to face the wall right away, and eventually i could just fall asleep cuddling her.

i don't even know if this helped you, but this is how i got over it.

but since it's been a while since i've slept with another girl through the night, now i'm back in my old habit, and i'm dreading having to retrain myself lol

17. skych

skych New Member

i like sleeping w/ my man, we do the cuddles before, then go our own ways for sleeping. try back to back, it's nice still being able to feel him there but having my own space

18. innerpeace26

innerpeace26 New Member

lol my bf always complains that I am putting off too much heat. We usually roll around for a while then end up at opposite sides. I'll be happy when we can sleep in a california king size bed :p

19. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

I absolutely love sleeping with my arms around a girl, but usually I'm in such an ecstatic mood when it happens that I don't get any sleep.. never really had any complaints from any girls.

20. hbrown023

hbrown023 New Member

Have you tried getting separate blankets for each of you? You have your own sheet and comforter and she have one too? It kinda helps separate the body temperature and it almost helps put an invisible line on the bed.

21. hotsauce

hotsauce New Member

it sometimes gets hot or uncomfortable. and it SUCKS sleeping on a twin

however, there is no better feeling than waking up with a girl in your arms. makes for a great start to the morning :naughty:

22. JordanClarkson

I used to put my hand on my gf's ass while we slept so that she wouldn't feel lonely :mamoru:

23. JordanClarkson

i seem to radiate heat. i like a girl who's warm too though. we'll keep our distance better so that neither of us overheat. a cold chick will get too close and eventually make me burn up

24. JordanClarkson

yeah i've done that for years but i don't really like that idea anymore. it lacks intimacy.

25. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

Anytime we are snuggling my husband put his hand on my boob and he falls asleep... its like a baby blanket:eek3: