Problems running 2 video cards in one machine please help!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by sirmark, Oct 23, 2004.

1. sirmark

sirmark HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I am trying to install a second graphics card in my system so i can run a 3 monitor setup. However when both cards are installed the computer acts like it boots but nothing comes up on the screens and no beep like normal on startup. One card is a radeon 9800 pro agp, the other is a radeon 7000 or radeon 9800se tried both. Both new and same result. Neither card will run alone like if i take out the agp card and put only a pci in it does not boot. With only the agp it runs fine. Both cards should be good as they are new and my pci slots work fine i tested them with a usb 2 card and a wireless network card both worked fine. I have an abit ic7-Max 3 motherboard, 2.2 p4 gig of ram so the system should handle it. Ne ideas? Like i said everythign seems to get power cd drives will open lights turn on harddrives spin but nothing comes up and no beep like it does when it beeps normally. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks so much

2. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

why did you create a new thread on the same problem? it sounds like the 7000 isn't working like i said in the other thread. try the 7000 in a different machine, or try a different pci card in yours, so if that boots.

3. sirmark

sirmark HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

got it all working just had to give the comp some tlc