Problems jump starting my wife's car

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by MSF, Jan 18, 2009.

1. MSF

MSF New Member

My wife has a 02 Mitsubishi Montero Sport. We went out of town for a few weeks in our other vehicle and when we got back it was dead due to the cold. When I try to jump start it, as soon as I hook up the second negative cable to the frame the power comes on for a second or two, the car honks at me, and then the power goes away again. Is the battery just completely fucked or am I doing something wrong?

2. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

I would guess battery... I had similar issues with my Lexus, and I dropped a new battery in and that took care of it.

3. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

The battery is so low its fucking with the Alarm, similar issues with my g/f's Mustang. Get a new batt.

4. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

I think battery too. I bought a Costco battery just recently and it was the cheapest and strongest battery out there. It was a Kirkland Signature brand battery.

5. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

Yeah, I bought a Sears Duracrap or whatever they are... can't say I'll be buying another

6. MSF

MSF New Member

Yea I figured the battery might be toast. Thanks for the second opinions.

7. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

My sears lasted only 2 years of its life. Replaced under warranty and again 2 years. Meanwhile the 4 other sears batteries I bought did the same thing in other peoples vehicles. Heard about how Costco has crazy good battery development and building so I tried it. WOW. Longest warranty, highest CCA, and lowest price. NOT BAD!!!!