LGBT Problem

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Fate13, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Fate13

Fate13 New Member

:ugh: I am a very shy queer in person and probably couldn't post this without the almighty internet buffer. I have never had a b/f and am still a complete virgin. I have been single for four and a half years now and seriously want a relationship. The problem is I can't talk to guys and have no gay male friends to help. This sounds like an easy problem to fix, but like I said I am a very shy queer. Pluss i don't trust the internet as an ideal place to hook up with ppl. So please help me with advice if you can. :ugh:

2. suckmyexhaust

suckmyexhaust New Member

OK... we need stats first. Age, location besides Minnesota, so on so forth. I have a cousin that lives in Chicago right now and he is as queer as a 3 dollar bill. Not to mention that the best way you are gonna find a relationship is by attending some sort of activities, network luncheons, so on so forth. See if your community has an OUT Yellow pages or a PRIDE alliance. Both are great ways to meet locals and that will help you in your shyness. The second step is to start talking with people your own age or around that area. If that fails, hang out with some chicks [fag hags know each other and can network that way.]

Hopefully that helps you out a bit.

3. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

from one shy guy to another, get a lil dutch courage in ya and hit the clubs, most of the gay friends i have now are on the internet, and thats how i met em. also keep a keen eye out for hotties, some of them might be gay. hope this helps :hug:

4. Fate13

Fate13 New Member

Sorry new to this... Stats:
    Location- St. Paul, Minnesota
    Age- 21 (yes i am really that old...)
    Gender- Male
    Hieght- 5'8"

I have been trying to force myself to go with some (female) friends to the
    gay bar(s) in mineapolis, but I am to aprehensive and nervous... yhea i fell like I am 12 again... this problem is actually quite anoying... I just recently was able to get myself to start reading the local gay magazine in public at school! :sad2:
    Thanks for the advice though, I will try to work with that.

5. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

pshaw, i'm 21 too, havent been to the clubs either, i defenitely feel you on the apprehensive part. going with a female friend of mine to a drag show in a gay club next week and im' like... :run: nervous. get some vodka in ya and hit the town, you'll either wake up with a hangover, or a ahngover and some guy's phone number written on your palm :mamoru:

6. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

the clubs scare me. too much gay in a small area for my n00b asss

7. Fate13

Fate13 New Member

Actually i have a bottle of vodka right next to me just in case I needed it to post this thread. :mamoru:

8. Fate13

Fate13 New Member

thats actually kinda of how I feel too. Just makes it harder though...

9. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

i got a tiny empty bottle of belvedere, and a huge bottle of smirnoff twisted raspberry. vodka is your friend!!! you coudl look for guys here, try posting noodz and see what happens :rofl:

10. M50

M50 VW Crew OT Supporter

Bars are a very scary place at first....probably not the best way to meet guys.....atleast not any guys with class :o

11. Fate13

Fate13 New Member

I don't drink much and I am not sure if I could ever get drunk enough to post noodz... (of myself that is) :eek4:

12. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

didnt say anything about revealing your identity with them :mamoru: be yourself, and the faries will deliver stuff..... ( is it obvious i've knocked back a few?)

13. Fate13

Fate13 New Member

Well do you see the pink elephants yet? :beer:
    I don't think that would help anyway....

14. RX Bandit

RX Bandit Sell You Beautiful »

I find the same dissatisfaction with the internets. Best thing I can suggest is joining a gym. If you even have a narrowly functioning gaydar you can figure out who you want to target. Don't walk over and grab an ass, try to time going over to the water fountain at an opportune time and just make small talk - weather, the music playing, what is on TV etc. Take it from there. Gyms make everyone completely honest, he won't waste time if he isn't interested in you. Just make sure you if you are looking for an actual relationship and not a one night stand you make those overtures before you give him the 'fuck me right here' look.

I refuse to do the marches, gay bars and junk so that's all I really have to offer since I won't offer anything I wouldn't do.

:dunno:

15. Fate13

Fate13 New Member

Thanks, my roomate says i have no gaydar and that i am the most unqueer queer he knows. He has actually gone so far as to say i am realy a str8 in the closet... Pluss i am to poor to join a gym :wtc:

16. XPX

XPX New Member

21/virgin is not that bad.....try 28/virgin :o

I'm new at all this but I think eveyrone has a different speed, you'll eventually meet new people and find a guy that suits your needs, some people say that if you try too hard you won't find him but you also need to keep your eyes open....signals are everywhere, you just need to grow a pair and act on it. I should follow my own advice :rofl:

But I don't, it scares the shit out of me.

17. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

I used to be quite shy before I came out. I remember the feeling of going to the bar. I went for the first time by myself because the only gay man that I knew had just moved to Denver. I was terrified but after I got there I realised that it wasnt a problem. I just knocked back a few drinks to loosen me up a little bit and then watched the crowd. Its intresting to see the different mix of people, even if it is somewhat skewed towards the more flaming gays (In SLC at least). After the first few times I would just go to relax and get away from the painfully straight lifestyle that I led all week. A few friends came about from there and we all had a great time.

Force yourself to go, having a friend or something along for the ride would be very helpful as it will give you someone to 'save you' if something comes along that you really dont want....that wet guy in the thread about a week ago comes to mind. :ugh:

Go, have fun, be safe and open up a bit. Life it too short to not enjoy it.

Want some help with that? ;)

18. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

I offered! Hehehe :naughty:

19. XPX

XPX New Member

20. suckmyexhaust

suckmyexhaust New Member

do you have any female friends that would be willing to go out with you to a club? If so, pull one of them along, have them be your dd for the night, kick back a martini and go out. Hang out with her and see what happens. Go guy shopping in the malls. Have a queer weekend and that will loosen you up a bit.

BTW>>> what school do you attend in Minnesota?

21. Josey

Josey New Member

28/VIRGIN....YEAH...I'M 28....THERE'S REALLY NOT ANYTHING LEFT ON ME THAT IS "VIRGIN" ANYMORE... :eek3:

22. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

From what you have said, that was probably the case at age 18.

23. Josey

Josey New Member

YOUNGER.... :noes:

24. Fate13

Fate13 New Member

Century College... low queer activity there, but good school. I will be going to the U of M this spring hopefully. :x:

25. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: how does gaydar work? i havent ever had any, is there a way to hone it? someone help us!