problem with wireless ethernet nic

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by T-R-T, Apr 4, 2009.

1. T-R-T

T-R-T New Member

I'm using windows xp. Freshly installed. The computer is giving me the message "A network cable is unplugged." I've installed the proper driver, updated the firmware on my router, disabled windows firewall, disabled WEP, power cycled the modem/router, etc. and still no go. My other computer which is connected through the same router but hardwired connects to the internet fine so I'm not really sure what the problem is.

Any ideas?

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Network cable unplugged only happens on wired connections, so you're either reading the info off of the card, or the wireless connection hasn't been installed correctly. You may need to install MB drivers first before it will even recognize the wireless card.

3. T-R-T

T-R-T New Member

The card is recognized by the computer. Windows says it is working properly and all that. And even with a wireless connection you still have the cables that go from the modem to the router. Lan cable unplugged means the card can't connect so yea you're right something with the wireless is incorrect I'm just trying to figure out what it is.

The MB drivers aren't available online anymore so I can't install them but it's never been a problem in the past.

4. T-R-T

T-R-T New Member

I figured it out. Stupid mistake on my part :o