Problem with vista control panel, please help!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by theanomaly, Apr 7, 2007.

1. theanomaly

theanomaly Active Member

I'm having a problem with Control Panel in VIsta Business Edition. When I try to run Control Panel my cpu goes to 100% and I get windows explorer.exe not respoding problem, and I can Debug It or Restart The Program (Windows Explorer.exe). I have a clue what's that all about, but I don't know how to solve that problem. When I installed something, that something integrated in Control Panel and it's making Control Panel to crash. I tried TunUp Utilities, but it's not Vista Capable. So, does anyone have a clue how to delete some of Vista Control Panel Services?

2. theanomaly

theanomaly Active Member

anyoneeeeeEE?EE?E?E?E?E?Fesnooooo

3. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

It took me 4 years to make the jump from 2000 to XP and that was a pretty small jump. Good luck with the problem.

4. Hate Crime

Hate Crime Don't Hate OT Supporter

Check the event log to see what is crashing it?

5. MrBrotato

MrBrotato New Member

Click your Windows button, then type sys and hit enter. This will open system restore and allow you to restore to before you installed whatever program is screwing up your control panel. It should automatically have created a restore point that says "installed X program" and you can use that restore point to go back to right before the problem.