problem with saitek keyboard

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mark5hs, Jan 20, 2007.

1. mark5hs

mark5hs New Member

Jun 21, 2006
    I have a saitek gamers keyboard and Ive had it for about a year now. Recently it started becoming screwed up. The a,s,d, and f buttons push themselves an when my computer is off and I push either of those keys, the back light turns on until I let go. I opened the keyboard and looked at them and they are not dirty at all. I also tried cleaning them just incase but that didn't fix the problem. Is there anyway I can fix it or are the keys short circuited?
  2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Oct 8, 2002
    Maby pressing to hard over an extended period of time or having a liquid been thrown over it in the past could have messed with it. When my keyboard displays such kind of problems i usually end up throwing it away, or maby clean just once. But a saitek seems like a little bit more of an expensive keyboard. You might want to screw it open, check the circuitry, and check the pins underneath the keys of the keyboard that don't work, make sure everything is 'level' and connected properly, and if the springs or whatever system its using the pins are properly pushing the keys back. Anyway my experience is that the keyboards usually don't ever revert back fully 100% to what they where in terms of enjoyment of use. So you might want to consider getting yourself a new one.