Problem with new Samsung Monitor v. T240HD

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Strife, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Strife

Strife Active Member

So I got my early Xmas present last night:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Touch-...9630674&sr=8-1

I set it up and hook it up to my computer and I notice that it has fuzzy, green lines on the edges of the internet window, green and blue colors have lines through it, and my wallpaper has weird contrast shit going on with dots around the edges of some of the images that are moving.

So I play with the settings on the monitor for like 30 min, use the auto adjust feature, and I can only fix it if I turn the contrast way down, which makes it dark even with brightness at 100. The factory settings for some of the preset displays i.e. Internet, Movies, text, etc. all don't work because there are weird contrast problems.

So I ended up spending the next hour manually changing the RGB Settings on my Radeon 4850 to finally get it decent.

I read the reviews on Amazon and newegg and it looks like no one has had this problem. I also have never had this problem on my current 22" lcd or my old 19" that this is replacing. Anyone know if this is normal or did I get a fucked monitor and need to return it through the mail..

I still haven't tried the T.V. because I need to pick up a splitter and extra cable tonight.

2. Hate Crime

Hate Crime Don't Hate OT Supporter

take a screenshot and show us..:mamoru:

3. DouggieJ

DouggieJ OT Supporter

I'd return it and get a new one if I were you.

4. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

which cable are you using? DVI or DB15? Can you try the other one? Can you try it on a different system?