Problem with my Mac mini

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by amill94, Nov 14, 2007.

1. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Hey guys. I have a G4 mac mini that is 2 years old or so. Recently it has started to not access the internet. I have cable internet into a netgear router that is hooked up to the mac mini and another desktop wired. My macbook pro and my powerbook are wireless. All the computers work fine, but the mini. What happens is, after 10 minutes or so, the computer will loose the internet connection. Adium, Safari and my gmail notifier do not work. However, I can still access items on shared network drives. None of the other computers do this. The computer works for a few minutes if I unplug the ethernet cable and plug it back in. I don't think it's the router, b/c I've been using it for about 2 years and I can still access shared drives and media when the mini won't connect to the internet.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks

2. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

weird... :dunno: did you try plugging another computer into that same Ethernet plug to make sure the plug isn't bad?

3. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

No, but I plugged the mac into different ports on the router and get the same results. It used to be port 1 for a long time, and I just changed it to 3 and still have the same problem. :dunno: