Problem with my Ipod regarding powerbook and pc.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by amill94, Nov 12, 2004.

1. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

I bought an Ipod the other day. Plugged it into my powerbook, and transfered the songs with Itunes. Flawless...no need to install anything. Next, went to my XP pro desktop and plugged it in. Had to install drivers of course. Went to transfer music, and it said the Ipod needed to be formatted to work on the PC. So I reformatted it, and can now take it between my mac and pc. I use Itunes to transfer the music on both machines. Problem is...when I plug the ipod into the mac, it says the Ipod is set to run on another itunes application...and it won't let me transfer songs using the mac version of itunes. So I have to take all my music I download, and send it over to the PC then import it to the Ipod. Anyone know what I can do to use both itunes on the same Ipod?

Thanks

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

I've been wondering about this too...

3. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

well, atleast I'm not the only one with this problem.

4. MonkMonk

MonkMonk New Member

i also need help with this, i am thinking that it is with different dirveers, some with a mac and some with a pc...

5. elcano

elcano Guest

My ipod is pc formatted and works fine on both machines.
    Although, I am running version 2.2 of the ipod software (with iTunes 7.2) - mainly because I can't backup all the stuff on my iPod before reformatting. Maybe this is the problem, if so, there's no chance I am upgrading!

6. JointBeaker

JointBeaker packaging engineer #2 OT Supporter

I dunno if you've looked here or not, but I'd look over in the forums at www.ipodlounge.com and maybe even ask around. :dunno: