Problem with Motorola V551 + iSync &Address Book

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bolicious, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

Anyone else own this phone? My GF's phone took a crap so we both had to get phones (shared plan) since we ended up going to Cingular. I got this phone, but can't seem to send my contacts from my T616 to my new Motorola. I was able to sync the contacts from my SE T616 to the PowerBook. That was no problem. But in iSync, it doesn't recognize my new V551 phone at all but it does see and sync the T616 fine. Then in Address book, it recognizes the device, but gets an error when I try to send the contact cards to the new V551. When I Double click on the BT icon in the menu bar on the PowerBook, and it recognizes and can transfer data fine with the new phone it seems. Only problem is I don't know how to send the contacts this way.

So i can't figure out why it works some aps, and not others. The worse part is that I can't get the contacts to my new phone that are now on the PowerMac.

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

3. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

well, that blows :rofl:

I ended up just transfering the contacts one by one. If anyone wants an apple/ipod wallpaper, I put one together.

[​IMG]

4. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

yep. it blows. i have the same phone, by the way.

SE phones and Nokia's Symbian phones are definitely the most iSync friendly so far.

...and you should put your wallpaper thing in a new thread. a lot of people who might be interested probably won't read this thread. :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2005
  5. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese