problem with mazda 626

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by American SuperBeast, Apr 10, 2007.

1. American SuperBeast

American SuperBeast New Member

eh got a 2001 mazda 626. somethins wrong with the latch for the trunk. nothin broke off or anything but it just wont close and stay closed. Any help. i took it to local shop and they couldnt figure anything out either

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

The obvious solution would be to replace the latch. Failing that, disconnect the battery and see if the latch will catch -- if it will, that means the electronics that open the latch are always open when there is power available to open them.

3. American SuperBeast

ill try that second thing. hope it works because im not in the mood to buy more for this money pit

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Mazdas are usually pretty reliable, I dunno why yours isn't. Anyway, the thing about disconnecting the battery (or perhaps more reasonably, pulling the appropriate fuse) is just a diagnostic step, it won't fix anything.

5. American SuperBeast

well i just got the latch replaced,
    but the engine is reliable but the cosmetic stuff sucks. various pieces fall off in the interior and the paint scratches if a fingernail touches it. of course ive stopped caring about that.
    I must say though the bumpers are good. i put the car into a ditch once and still only a small dent in the bumper lol.

i dont know though if this happens to any other mazdas but there is a noise like a shaking noise kind of coming from the back left wheel of the car. Everything has been checked and its passed inspection twice with that rattling still there. apparently not mechanical but fucking annoying. Anyone else have this happen