problem with home network

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by The Ripper, May 26, 2008.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

So I recently upgraded to ubuntu maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago. Because of work and school I haven't had time to just relax and use my computer at home I usually just use it at work or school. because of memorial day weekend I finally wasn't busy and went to kill some time online. I went to connect to my wireless network and typed in the network key and I attempted to connect and it wouldn't allow me on my home network.

Went to the router and connected it through a cable and the internet worked fine. So the wireless network wont let me on. I check the pass to get on the network and its the same as before and I attempt to connect. Meanwhile my sister who is connected wirelessly starts complaining that her internet isnt working. I look up at the router and the router turns off every time Im trying to connect to the wireless network.

Any one got any Ideas on how I can connect wirelessly. All the other computers are working fine I didnt have a chance to take the pass word lock off the wireless network yet and see if it works that way because I had to go to get ready to work and run some errands. I know its not my computer because I log in at work and school just fine.

2. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

Try upgrading the firmware of the router...or buy a new router.

3. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

found out that other people with ubuntu have been having the same problem when I did a search this guy pretty much sounds like hes been having the same issues.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=657200

some one posted how they got theres to work and Im going to try it out when I get home from work and Im also going to try to disable the password for the wireless network and see how that works out for me.