Problem with going from friend to Gf

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by yesitisyellow, Oct 16, 2006.

1. yesitisyellow

yesitisyellow New Member

as title says, i'm not really sure how to progress from being friends into relationships. I've been a few relationships, but in those cases it was the girls who first initiated the actions.

background:
    I moved into my dorm and then met this cute girl a couple rooms down the hall. It's been about 2.5-3 weeks since then. I try to flirt and joke around with her whenever I'm around or just try to seem like I'm interesting. I have that feeling that she could be into me. She's said that "i'm charming" and when we chat I can carry the conversation pretty easily. Whenever Thursday/weekend hits and the partying/drinking starts, i'll be off at some other place drinking and she'd usually call me up asking what was up and I usually walk her back, hanging around in her room for a bit.

If I ask her to go eat, we just go to the dining hall a minute away, which is basically nothing. I'm sort of at a loss what to do. When I was at home, I could take the lady to the beach, all sorts of restaurants and places to do things.

Help? :x: please?
    i'll give any more info if need be

2. otherlank

otherlank OT Supporter

The first step from moving from friend to gf is a kiss. Have you kissed her yet?

3. yesitisyellow

yesitisyellow New Member

no.

is it really that simple?

4. otherlank

otherlank OT Supporter

Now, I'm not just saying kiss her randomly. But it's obvious that you two already are capable of having a friendship...which will be good for a romantic relationship.

Yes, a kiss changes everything. Without it, you can't just approach her and start talking about a relationship. In my experience, it's that first kiss that allows that conversation to happen because now you see that there is some form of chemistry.

When you hang out with her and watch tv, do you ever feel like there is any sexual tension between you?

Also, from living in the dorm, I know that once you two start hooking up it'll be much easier for a relationship to form because you will both be able to spend a lot more time together...be it in eachothers' rooms or going to dinner or whatever.

5. yesitisyellow

yesitisyellow New Member

not exactly what would consist of sexual tension, but i could totally feel that little something between us

i guess my problem now would be how to go from just hanging around in her room to the kiss. i'm guessing i'll just have to try it from actually doing it and feeling when it's the right time?

6. otherlank

otherlank OT Supporter

Honestly if you can't find the right time to do it, go to a party with her. I'm not saying get wasted or anything but a little alcohol can really break the ice. I'm telling you, once you get that first kiss in, everything changes.

Another thing...if youre hanging around watching a movie or something, are you two alone? A good gauge of how into you she is would be during a movie to just put your hand on hers. If she doesn't pull away youre in.

7. yesitisyellow

yesitisyellow New Member

thanks a lot otherlank for the suggestions, i'll try it out later this thursday and see how it goes

haven't watched a movie alone with her, i'll try that too if it comes up

8. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

otherlank, good suggestions in here and in the "bad at sealing the deal" thread in Off Topic.

tomorrow i'm watching a movie with my girl at my place or hers. we'll see what happens.

9. otherlank

otherlank OT Supporter

Good luck buddy. Let us know how it goes.

10. otherlank

otherlank OT Supporter

Thanks lol I found it odd there are two similar threads around here so I kept jumping back and forth.

You keep us updated too.

11. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I will. I like talking about this shit...eases my over-active mind and imagination. I'll be posting in this area more often I'm guessing.

12. yesitisyellow

yesitisyellow New Member

link?

13. otherlank

otherlank OT Supporter