problem with gifts v.gf

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by energie, Oct 15, 2008.

1. energie

energie I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the

so i've been seeing this girl for awhile now and on two seperate occasions (her grad/bday) I've gotten her gifts and never looked at the cost its not like i spent a ton on her (only about 800 or so) on gifts but it was recently my bday and she never got me anything.

She told me she was going to buy me something then made the excuse she didnt have the money and would her next check then proceeded to go spend the rest of her money shopping and goign out to the bar. Her next check comes and the same thing happens and i make a comment about it and she tells me im being greedy because the gift she was going to get me was expensive but i said i didnt care about what i got cause its the thought that counts.

So here we are my bday was on the 25th of september and nothing except a fight about me being greedy :hsugh: and me wanting her to be broke till her next check.

The response I gave was dont expect me to buy you anything on our anniversery or christmas then.

Did i handle this situation properly? I am pretty rattled by how she goes shopping and out and spends money on drinks for her friends and i dont get a bday present when I made sure i had money for her bday/grad.

We have been going out for 2 years now. All other bdays/etc I've gotten her stuff on my bday/xmas she got her parents to buy ti and paid them back (or so she says'). Ive been in school for 4 years work p/t but make more then her cause I own a company pay for all the dinners/going out we do.

I've tried talking to her about it but constantly get the "you want me to be broke for 2 weeks// your being greedy&selfish// bullshit" and I feel like im being petty but i dunno its a shitty situation I would of been fine with a card and dinner but didnt get a thing from her..

2. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Is that her in your AV?

3. Vysion

Vysion New Member

It sounds like she is greedy and selfish and is sucking you dry.

She's only calling you greedy and selfish to flip the script on you. Women are good at turning arguments around.

4. Vysion

Vysion New Member

I'm gonna save IWYB from having to say this but, it sounds like she's just not that into you...

5. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

I'm gonna say the same thing. The GF I had on valentines day this year didn't get me anything. We broke up a few weeks later... she was cheating on me big time.

I'm sorry, but if there's someone in your life you care about, you MAKE the time for something like this... even a hand drawn card.

She's just not that into you.

6. 1.8t

1.8t Member

^ Ditto to the above points. If she cared about you, she would have easily passed of a couple weeks of clubbing to get you something. Besides, why is your g/f always out clubbing without you anyways?

7. TomBrady

TomBrady New Member

dump that bitch

8. giz

giz Active Member

agreed. I can't even imagine NOT getting something for an SO on his/her birthday

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

She's either cheating or over you.

Time to make a decision.

Oh, definitely don't buy that bitch anything either.

10. how long have you guys been together? just curious....

either way thats some greedy shit. my gf (who i made another thread about) is often broke but she has always bought me thoughtful gifts for every occassion.

11. energie

we've been going out for two years, the first year was fantastic then it slowly went downhill from about march/april and i think thats what happened. I found out she was talking to her ex but that was nothing and apparantly she hung out with some guy when we were taking a break this summer. Got back together and things were sorta good.

uhm we dont go clubbing together cause either she gets too drunk and makes an ass out of herself and the fact we havent gonen clubbing too many times together at all. she liks going out with her girls to get drunk and dance together but im the same way.

I'd rather get drunk with the guys, I tend to end up having to baby sit her cause she gets overboard drunk aka frat girl but she isnt in a frat or anything

12. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

:rofl:

Is that someone you want to spend the rest of your life with?

13. energie

no.

14. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Thats incredibly sad/rude, I feel bad for you :(
    Its awful investing in someone (time/emotion/money) and not getting a return.

15. bro, this thread needs to go no further then this thread. she likes getting wasted and dancing w. the girls my ass.

dump her!

16. ASoT

ASoT New Member

The worst part about dumping her is that she'll tell all her friends that you are cheap :rofl:

17. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Dump her, shes a gold digger.

18. MIK3

MIK3 New Member

you just decided your own fate my friend.

think big picture, and put yourself first.

19. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

20. bluefox1081

bluefox1081 New Member

I think these red flags are what you should be concerned about instead of how much money she's spending on you.

21. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

and if shes not willing to spend any time or money on you, leave her and find someone who will

she didnt have to buy you a super nice present for your birthday. she could have made you a card, or made you a nice dinner. something. instead, she did nothing. dump!

22. XxvODvxX

XxvODvxX New Member

I'm with everyone, good bye to the BS and find someone who cares about you... Even when i had no money i found something to give/get/make my g/f and even with hand picked flowers they loved them. My one ex still has a couple i gave to her... Little shit really does matter.

23. Toxica

Toxica New Member

I agree with what the others have said. I was flat broke one year, literally had zero dollars. So I used construction paper and markers and made my boyfriend a nice little heart card thingy telling him how much I loved him. He loved it and still has it.

If she really cared about you, she wouldn't have worried about money and called you selfish... she would have thought about making you happy and got you something or at least made you something.

I think you should dump her and get with someone who really cares for ya.

24. symptic

symptic I run companies

Him giving the gifts makes him a gold giver too. :dunno: Sure, two years it's understandable to give some nice gifts, but you're setting material expectations to portray affections. Where's the logic in that?

The relationship sounds bail-worthy as it is. Toss it and find someone you actually care about.