Problem with firefox

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LiquidSmile, Mar 4, 2005.

1. LiquidSmile

LiquidSmile I gotta go potty

Anybody ever have their Firefox look like this? I just switched to Windows XP Professional and this is what firefox looked like. I Un-installed it and Re-installed and it still looks like this. The fonts are huge, the skin is gone, and the dropdown menus are black with no items on it.
    Any Clue?
    Thanks in Advance!

[​IMG]

2. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

Is this a fresh clean install of FF1.0.1 or did you install it and use your backed up profile folder?

3. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

I hate your avatar. :hsugh:

4. LiquidSmile

After I saw this problem I used add/remove programs and unistalled; then I went to mozilla and re-downloaded and installed. It still did it.

5. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

1. Uninstall Firefox
    2. Delete the folder where it was installed (Usaully C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\)
    3. Reinstall
    4. ????
    5. Profit

6. LiquidSmile

Thanks,
    I finally found out that it was my profile folder that it kept some wierd settings.

On Windows XP/2000, the path is usually %AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\, where xxxxxxxx is a random string of 8 characters. Just browse to C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ and the rest should be obvious.

On Windows 95/98/Me, the path is usually C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\

%AppData% is a shorthand for the Application Data path on Windows 2000/XP. To use it, click Start > Run..., enter %AppData% and press Enter. You will be taken to the "real" folder, which is normally C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data.

7. Apothis

Apothis New Member

What were you switching from? Often a profile will have OS-specific stuff in there, that gets broken when completely changing operating environment. Mainly, themes and extensions. Bookmarks and cookies and such remain universally compatible though.