Problem with ECS P4VXASD2 Motherboard... HELP!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Toogaroot, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Toogaroot

Toogaroot ..................

I just bought a ECS P4VXASD2 mother board, 2.0 GHZ P4, and 256 DDR RAM. I have tried every jumper setting. I can get it to run with PC100 ram but not PC133 (can support PC100, PC133, or DDR2100). Anyone familiar with this board? I can not get it to boot. Everything is connected right. I can't even get it to boot without everything connected. I'm new to building computers.... any help anyone can give me would be great. Thanks.

2. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

From what I read above I gathered that you did not try it with the DDR ram that you said you have. See if it works with that.

Any post errors when it doesn't boot?

3. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

After reading the manual for that board I was just wondering if you changed the jumpers at J2a/b/c/d AND J3a/b/c/d ?

4. Toogaroot

Sorry... yea i did try the DDR and it was a no go. The computer started but but no screen. Nothing at all.. no beeps.. no picture.. nothing. On this board it says to short a line of jumpers next to the ram if using DDR but the line has about 80 jumpers. They're also smaller than the normal so a regular jumper won't fit.

RECAP: No errors.. no screen, have tried DDR and didn't work.
    EDIT: I have change the jumpers for cpu clock to 133 and took out the jumper for ram voltage to set it for DDR... i'm wondering if its something with the side jumpers... I didn't get any jumpers for j2a/b/c/d and j3a/b/c/d.. but they are smaller than normal

5. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

Look for a diagram of the jumpers in the manual, it should tell you which ones need to be shorted. If you didn't get enough jumpers or they are the wrong size I would bring the mobo back and buy something else.

SoftMenu > jumpers.

6. Toogaroot

thanks i will.... i bought it as a package with a P4 but its more trouble than it's worth.... thanks for the help anyways.... but then again... why won't it work with pc133 when pc100 works? i opened the jumpers for it but still no go... if i can't get ddr to work.. at least i can get the pc133 to work.

7. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

:dunno:

8. Toogaroot

thanks anyways.... time to return it... i've been messing with it all weekend... what a waste

9. Toogaroot

I had another thought on this.... I have PC266 going into it... would I need PC200? It worked with PC100 and not PC133. Does the CPU have anything to do with it? It's a 2.0 GHZ. Thanks