Problem with conditioning

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by jeck, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeck

jeck New Member

Today, I decided to start some conditioning. My plan was to do a few windsprints with jogging and sprinting. Before the sprints, I did a jog as a warmup. I had 5lb weights on my legs and I sprinted near the 2nd half of every other lap.

Before I started my 5th lap, I got really lightheaded and started feeling sick. Next thing I knew, I let out a cup of water and some oatmeal on the cement. Not too much, it was mostly water.

For the past six weeks, I've been doing mostly the stairclimber as means of cardio to compliment my lifting. I got pretty efficient at it, so I wanted to step my game up. My diets been 5 meals/day hitting 1700 cals/day(Michael Thurmond diet - lost 17lbs!).

I changed my eating plan today looking to hit closer 2100 cals/day with more protein mixed in. I usually have a cup of oatmeal, a half cup of blackberries, and 3 eggwhites mixed in a bowl. Today, I had 3 hard boiled egg whites, half a cup of oatmeal, and two glasses of water mixed with two scoops of whey.

Did I have too much to eat/drink for breakfast? Should I have started more lightly? Any suggestions? I'd really like to incorporate more conditioning in my diet without having to worry about yakking again.

I wanna go back to the gym and at least lift for the day, but my buddy's telling me its not a good idea. What do you guys think?

CLIFFS: Started jogging. Yakked. WTF do I do to start conditioning without yakking again?

2. sandor3kgt

sandor3kgt New Member

Either don't push yourself as hard when doing cardio, or don't eat anything solid for at least an hour beforehand if you're going all-out. If eating solid food, eat something easier to digest than oats (ie fruit). Digesting is work. Running is work. Your body would rather only do one at a time.

3. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

take the weights off your legs and build up your endurance first. Running outside is much more difficult than the stair climber in a gym.

4. Zee916

Zee916 Engineering the world.......

Yeah, you need to build up your running.

I usually run about 5 miles a day and before if I took it too hard to start I would be getting that sick feeling at about the 3 mile mark.

What really works for me is to slowly move into a hard run. If I run hard to start I tire really, really fast. I start to get into a good "groove" when I do this and running comes more naturally.

Z

5. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

why would you EVER run with weights on your legs

6. 007

007 Riden, sliden, whipin and dippin, my chrome strips

hatred for tendons and lig's?

7. egxflash

egxflash Riding on the Midship Express

truth. you dont have to go all out the entire run. i like to gradually build up to a good speed...and if you run far enough, youll notice your body wearing out then getting a second wind that lets you get on it harder, even for a little bit.

oh, and wtf weights? toss that shit and just pound some pavement. your joints are fucked with enough with regular running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.