Problem with AIM 4.7 for Mac.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by k270, Sep 26, 2004.

1. k270

k270 Guest

Here's my problem(with the computer). When I want to do a file transfer of music with someone my AIM shuts down. Not only does it shut down, it shuts down my modem kicking me off the internet. Within a few seconds my modem will come back on and cycle through eventually allowing me to sign back on to AIM and surf the net. As soon as this happens, I sign back on to AIM, and it shuts down again only to sign itself back on. After that everything runs fine. I've been to the trouble shooting page and that was no help. I called AOL they don't offer tech support for AIM since it's a free service. I've submitted a bug report to them but they don't respond to e-mails. Any suggestions will be helpful and tried. I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing. It didn't work.

2. jabbadeznuts

jabbadeznuts ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

3. k270

k270 Guest

Never heard of it. Everyone I know uses AIM. I'm not going to ask them to switch to aduim because I'm having problems with AIM. Any other suggestions.

4. Error

Error ¿ti†le øut-of_order

Adium > iChat > AIM

But I use iChat for my iSight

5. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

k dumbass

6. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

let me elaborate here... if the application you're using crashes when you're trying to do something, then clearly it's an instability about that app that is more than likely causing it to crash, not the operating system... hence, maybe you should look elsewhere for AOL clients, if for nothing else than to do file transfers :slap: don't knock it before you try it

7. k270

k270 Guest

I said I've never heard of it. I never said i didn't try it. Read my post right before you insult.

8. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

:wtf: never hearing of it directly implies that you have never used it or had any other contact with it. :slap:

also, using adium does not mean that you have to get other people to switch to it... it's a 3rd party AIM client, meaning other people on AIM can interface with you.

p.s. buy an av

9. k270

k270 Guest

Any other suggestions besides mentioned above?

10. tsiawdspeed

tsiawdspeed New Member

iChat will also work in place of AIM

11. Jack Imhoff

Jack Imhoff Guest

What system are you running? Check to see if there are any MSN messenger preferences you can trash.

12. brown_dandy

brown_dandy New Member

I had the same problem on my blue and white, I switched to AMSN, file transfer works perfectly, still uses msn client

13. k270

k270 Guest

MSN Client? I don't know what this is. Please explain.