problem while booting everytime

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by rsxtypeivtec, Nov 23, 2004.

1. rsxtypeivtec

rsxtypeivtec New Member

few months back, a problem occurred which i thought was my hard drive.

everytime i booted the computer after the xp screen (where the xp logo and the blue bar at the bottom is going by for about 30 sec), that moment where the screen turns black and loads (which nomally takes about 5sec) started to take about a minute to a minute and a half to load, until it finally loaded xp.

I reformatted and problem went away, after re-installing everything and getting the computer back to normal it would occur again (maybe 2-3 days).

so i purchased a new hard drive about 1-2 months ago and everything is running great if not better. I am running 2 120gb hard drives.

Suddenly, yesterday the exact problem started. Before, the problem normally occurred when i installed norton anti virus, but i havent used that program in a month. So now i dont think its my hard drive.

anyone ever experience this problem or know why it would take so long to boot?

2. rsxtypeivtec

rsxtypeivtec New Member

3. IAMwhitey

IAMwhitey New Member

do you have SP2? there is another thread already about this same type issue. lot of good troubleshooting tips in it

4. rsxtypeivtec

rsxtypeivtec New Member

nope i dont have sp2, you know what that thread was called?