Problem w/OS install

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by seven, Jul 3, 2004.

1. seven

seven New Member

I'm putting together a PC right now, and have a few problems. When I start the PC I get an error, usually BIOS not detected. How ever it still boots to Windows XP installation. Once I get my drive formatted and choose a place to install it does so, and when it reaches the point where it needs to restart so that it can load XP, it restarts back in to the same installation I just did and gives me the same options as before. I've tried installing it again with different choices, like partitioning the drive a little more, or formatting the drive again. It makes no difference. Anyone ever encounter this problem before? Or know how to deal with it.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    Asus K8V DE MB
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 265
    160 GB 7200 rpm Samsung HD
    512 MB Corsair RAM

2. ACA

ACA Sometimes I feel lonely at night OT Supporter

Could it be that your CD-ROM drive is first in boot order in the BIOS, so when the Windows XP setup restarts your computer, it boots from the CD-ROM drive again and thus starts the installation process over again?

You might want to remove the CD the next time Windows XP setup restarts. It should then continue the installation from the harddrive, and if it asks for the CD again while installing/configuring, just pop it back in, but be sure to remove it before restarting again.