Problem running my computer game (CPU speed)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dgo, Dec 26, 2008.

1. dgo

dgo New Member

I got a new computer (SPORE) yesterday, and I could play the first stage but it wouln't let me go to the second. I wondered if it was something wrong with my video drive, but it turned out not to be my video drive but my CPU speed.

Here's what I got from http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

CPU
    Minimum: 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]
    You Have: 2 processors running - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz

CPU Speed
    Minimum: 2 GHz
    You Have: 1.50 GHz

I am not very good with computers, so how do I fix this and how much will it probably cost me???

2. dgo

dgo New Member

It says my video card is ok though.

[​IMG]CPU Minimum: 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.] You Have: 2 processors running - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz

[​IMG]<FAIL: Sorry, your CPU does not meet this minimum requirement. It may be time to purchase a more powerful computer to make your life easier. Click the 'We Recommend' button to discover how you can.

[​IMG] CPU Speed Minimum: 2 GHz You Have: 1.50 GHz
    [​IMG]FAIL: Sorry, your CPU Speed does not meet this minimum requirement. It may be time to purchase a more powerful computer to make your life easier. Click the 'We Recommend' button to discover how you can.

[​IMG]System RAM Minimum: 512 MB RAM (768 MB for Vista or built-in graphics) You Have: 2.0 GB

[​IMG][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PASS[/FONT] [​IMG]Operating System Minimum: Windows XP/Vista You Have: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit (Build Service Pack 16001)

[​IMG][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PASS[/FONT] [​IMG]Video Card Minimum: 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 [GeForce 6200 for Vista]+ / ATI Radeon 9500+ / Intel 950+) You Have: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family ()

[​IMG][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PASS[/FONT] Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card
    [​IMG]Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 358 MB
    [​IMG]Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
    [​IMG]Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0

3. dgo

dgo New Member

I just bought the laptop last November.

What do I need to update about it, then?

And that doesn't even seem to be the problem, acording to the website I meet the minimum requirements for video...

4. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

Yeah, I'm going to agree here... your video card AND CPU are underpowered for that game... you're pretty well stuck.