Problem installing program. STUCK!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by lowoffsetsaresex, Sep 1, 2005.

1. lowoffsetsaresex

lowoffsetsaresex New Member

Ok so I have a Canon MiniDV Camcorder and I want to upload the video I've taken. Well I origanlly tried installing the software that came with it, but I had the camera's USB wire plugged into the computer while I was installing it. Now after reading the manual it says not to have it plugged in because it won't work properly. It won't detect the camera when it's plugged in. SO, I tried uninstalling the program from Control Panel>Add remove programs. It seems like the install was fine, but now when I go to REINSTALL a window comes up that says the program is allready installed on my computer. So is there ANOTHER way to completely unistall the program? Or somehow fix this problem?

If you guys could help me it would be greatly appreciated.:bowdown:

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

I'm sure there's a forum somewhere for the camera where you can search for help.

Even if you uninstalled it, the directories don't always get deleted. Take a look on your hard drive to see if they are still there and delete them.

3. AeroSquid

AeroSquid New Member

you are probably goiing to have to edit your registry to rid it of whatever is left over from the botched install.

4. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

driver cleaner is a program that will totally erase drivers you select.

but before using it, learn how to use it. it's extremely dangerous if you erase the wrong stuff. i corrupted Windows with it first time i used it lol.