Problem displaying 480P on my TV...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by diranged, Nov 21, 2004.

1. diranged

diranged New Member

So I have a somewhat old Samsung pck5315rf tv. It is a 53" projection tv that supposedly does 480I/480P (even the manual mentions that it is capable of it). I have my xbox set to 480P mode and running through Component video cables and whenever I play anything with 480P support, it screws up. The screen kind of splits, and all of the syncing is broken or something. I cannot figure out whats going on. Any AV experts here have any ideas?

(I do also have a PS2 with Component cables, but I have not yet tried to do any 480P stuff with it. I am not even sure what 480P support the PS2 has).

The TV model on the back says : PCK5315RF
    The manual lists the model as: PCK5315R

2. paul9luap

paul9luap Boiler Up

The back of your tv should look like this right?

[​IMG]

It could be that the component "DVD" input only accepts analog (480i), and only the "HDTV" will do 480p/1080i. So, I guess try connecting your PS2 or XBox to the HDTV component input maybe?

If that doesn't work.....I don't know, look in the on screen display and see if there are any settings you need to turn on that allow for 480p/1080i.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  3. iNteGraz92

iNteGraz92 trolling apple sackriders is just too damn easy

it doesn't matter which component input he uses, they're the same. the dvd components are meant to be used for 480p

4. paul9luap

paul9luap Boiler Up

even on some hdtv's, they have analog component inputs, not the "high bandwidth" hd ones.