problem after upgrading to xp pro

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by loserpunkx182, Feb 27, 2004.

1. loserpunkx182

loserpunkx182 New Member

i just installed xp pro on my computer and things are out of wack. first it wont let me shut down my computer...it goes half way shut down like all the icons would disappear and only the wallpaper would show. second, my system restore option doesn't work or it cna't find it. 3 i'm gettin the remote procedure call thing that shuts down my computer but it says no virus were found. 4 pop up would just come up by themselves when the computer boots up after manually shutting down...and other little things. is there anyway to go back to my previous home edition..think it'll fix everything or should i try reinstalling xp pro again? i dunno what to do and everything's running soooo slow

2. loserpunkx182

loserpunkx182 New Member

and i have a pop up filter

3. n99nyrwg

n99nyrwg New Member

did you do a fresh install? if not, you should. also, always update windows as soon as you install it, so you don't get things like blaster worm

4. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Upgrading from an MS-DOS OS to an NT based OS always cuases headaches. Do yourself a favor and back-up anything you want to save. Then do a clean install of windows xp. You'll be alot more happier with a "clean" install of xp.

5. loserpunkx182

loserpunkx182 New Member

what do u mean by "clean"? this is a version of xp pro i'm getting from my school that i download off the internet...

6. orangecuse

orangecuse OT Supporter

heh heh.
    fdisk and format your drive=clean install.