Probably Going to be Buying 1999 Trans Am

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by liquidnate5000, Apr 21, 2004.

1. It's black on black leather, chrome wheels, T-Tops, 6 Speed. Great condition, only draw backs are no WS6 package, no Ram Air hood, about 83k miles, and no screamin chicken on the hood. :(
    However, it's a really good deal, since the blue book has the exact car valued at about 15880 and I'm picking it up for 13900. It's going to be quite a bit different going from my 2.2 liter Celica to a freakin 5.7 liter Trans Am. My main goal with the car is to keep it running and looking smooth, and hopefully I'll be able to take it to some local road races. Anyone have any good advice or links that can help get me started? I think my first mods will be to get rid of the ugly wheel gap and put some mean sounding exhaust. Can anyone recommend a good exhaust system? I want it to basically sound like the 77 Bandit from Smokey and the Bandit... you know? I want it to sound like a freakin dragon going through puberty.

2. Possum Stomper

Possum Stomper The Great Bird of the Galaxy

www.corsaperf.com
    click on 1998-2002 camaro/firebird/LS1 once you get to the automotive section

dunno how good of an exhaust system it is (my guess is its pretty good) but goddamn does it sound badass

little pricey though

3. cool man, maybe some glasspacks and I'll annoy the hell out of everyone in sight. perfect.

4. torchC5

torchC5 Guest

Congrats on the purchase. I don't think there is much of a performance difference (if any) between the regular trans-am and the the WS6. All you need is a whisper lid and cat-back and you're good to go! Post pics when you get it.

5. OK here is it at the lot... still haven't bought it. Looks like your average Trans Am. Stock wheels and tires are kinda ugly. I'll probably ditch em as soon as possible. I like whatever rims that AlexWS6 has.
    [​IMG]
    Here is what I hope to accomplish with the car... lol.
    [​IMG]

6. Possum Stomper

do firebird owners a favor everywhere and do NOT get a screaming chicken hood decal

...please?

7. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

Corsa makes a good exhaust, GMMG sounds better though IMO. GMMG's exhaust is chambered. Both are fairly expensive for cat-backs though. A cheaper route is to go with the SLP Loudmouth, nice (loud) sound... Though probably to much if he plans on adding headers later.

8. anyone have pics of some good rims for the firechicken? Those stock ones make me want to kill myself.

9. Possum Stomper

www.slpeng.com

go to wheel and tire packages

10. Lethal

Lethal OT Supporter

11. Possum Stomper

fuck i want an LS1 :(

anyone have a link to a clip of that GMMG exhaust on an LT1? it says one their site that it will fit any 3rd/4th gen f bod but then it only has LS1's to listen to :mad:

12. those are 17s? Wow. I'll definately have to get 18s at minimum and lowering springs, definately.

13. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

:ugh:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2004