Probably a Simple Cell Phone Question?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by fitz, Jun 19, 2005.

1. fitz

fitz .

Hey, I was looking at getting a new cell-phone my first, and since I have no previous experience with them would it be possible for me to buy the phone (Sony T637) first and then get service with T-Mobile or Cingular ( still not sure which I want) like could I go to say T-Mobile with this phone and get service for it?

I would just get the phone off their site with a plan but I don't see this phone listed on either T-Moible or Cingular's site yet I see it on ebay listed as compatible with Cingular and T-Mobile :(

thanks for any help :x:

2. fitz

fitz .

So nobody here knows if its possible to buy a phone from online or at a store and and then go get service or do you have to buy a phone with your service plan?

3. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

I'll try and help you out. I'm fairly new to this as well and have just learned much of the info recently, so take it with a grain of salt. If you really want this phone, than when signing up for a phone company with a sim card, jus choose a phone that is free. Take the sim card out of the phone you bought with the provider (the free one); and place it in the Sony E, it should work fine!

4. fitz

fitz .

o alright, thanks a lot Legend Zero

5. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

Sony T637 is pretty dated already :hsugh:

What kind of a phone do you want?

6. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

Yeah, that is pretty old now, so if you want a newer version of the phone, here it is... http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=696Its the SE k750! I kno some people on here don't like it, and i'm not sure why. Some people say it has some bugs or problems, but people at howardforums, and cellphone forum or w.e. it is said they love it, for the ppl that have it! So if you do like this one, b4 you find a place and purchase it, make sure you find out if there really are problems and what they are or anything...

I want this phone alot.. but it doesn't seem worth it for 400 or w.e. it is; but it looks sweet and has some nice features imo!

:wavey:

7. fitz

fitz .

I'm looking for a phone for around ~250-300 though so I guess my options are pretty limited, I really kind of like the look of the Sony's though

Any chance that K750 price is going to go down any time soon?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2005
  8. fitz

fitz .

9. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

Another pretty old phone, but I've heard its ok, motos just have quality control issues :hs

And yes, if its unlocked you can use w/tmobile