A&P Probably a repost but What's a good tripod?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by LowLikeWhoaF150, Mar 23, 2005.

1. I see tomash's sticky and there are soo many tripods for good prices. I'm not looking to spend over $100

Anywhere from $50-$100 is my range. Maybe alittle over 100 but not much over that.

I need it to go down as low as possible and also beable to stand up pretty high. Also if it comes with a bag that'd be :cool:

Also I need the head to beable to tilt the whole camera to the left. (I don't know what this is called) But I just got a part time job as a sports photographer for local schools and little leagues. I'll be the guy taking the pics, (ya know when you were little and had your baseball pic taken) :hsd: :hsd:

I guess I'm just curious to see what everyone has and what's a popular tripod? :hs:

2. Ingen

Ingen New Member

Well, I hate both of mine. In short, don't go sunpak. The one I have now is annoying because the fuckin quick release plate won't lock solid and I'm gonna fix it with electrical tape eventually. Eventually means whenever I get around to it, which might well be never :hsd:

3. canonshooter

canonshooter New Member

Seeing as though you wont be making long exposures for portraits of the kids, it sounds like you want something to hold the camera for you. If your going to be using a heavy lens and want something to support the weight of the camera i would look into a monopod instead.

If you want a tripod for maximum stablization and will be doing long exposures look to spend more then $100. As for brands look into bogen/manfrotto, they have been proven to work very well throughout the years.

4. I will be doing pictures like this only more professional that are to be purchased by the childrens parents also individual pictures. I'm sure you've had to do something similar if anyone else on here has ever played sports.

For this reason I will need a tripod. After taking one team's picture I will have more teams coming at me. I will need to set them up infront of the camera so I will have to leave the camera positioned. Monopod is out of the question unless I was doing action shots. Thanks for the advice on what brand to shop for though :cool:

[​IMG]

5. widebaudi

widebaudi New Member

bogen neotec or something that you can setup fast. i have the bogen 3021 with the 322RC2 grip head.

6. mojito

mojito New Member

I have the NeoTec and its awesome, but its 300 just for the legs and you'll need a head still. I'd look at another setup. Spending an extra 15 seconds on a tripod for set shots won't will you. I agree on the Bogens, they are great, and tons to choose from.

7. Sulaco

Sulaco prying open my 3rd eye

Bogen does not make tripods. They import and distribute tripods made by Manfrotto. That being said, the Manfrotto lineup is a good place to start. The 3021BPRO sounds like it will do what you want. Use a nice ballhead with a quick release plate assembly and you are in business.