Private WoW Servers

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by Saicho, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Saicho

Saicho New Member

Do any of you play on private servers? I want to experience BC endgame on a private server, but it seems like all of them dumb down the mobs quite a lot. Is there one that keeps end game just like retail?

2. CodeX

CodeX Guest

It is sad especially since Blizzard dumbs down the end game boss fights on their own as well... lol

3. Jester

Jester OT Supporter

I am interested in private servers as well, but for different reasons. I'd like to see alot of the content but not have to play for like 5000 hours in order to see it.

4. Saicho

Saicho New Member

I'm on that same boat. But I do enjoy the full end-game challenge.

I'll keep you guys posted on any good end-game private servers.

A particularly okay one is WoWscape. They have a funserver (60x xp and gold with crazy items and shit), a 10x server, and a 3x "blizzlike" server, but the end-game is dumbed down I think.

Atm I'm not even sure if they can emulate the end game to 100% of what it is on retail. I'm not quite sure how the private servers are hosted or if it is even possible. Would be nice to find out.

5. Thor

Thor OT Supporter

They probably dumb it down because they just dont have the player base to support a hardcore raiding guild....i'm guessing.

6. Daria

Daria New Member

i think WoW fusion wowfusion.com has a retail-like server. I'm not sure, and I can't double check because it's blocked where I am right now. The thing with the private servers is that you'll be able to experience end-game faster on some servers, but I found the bugs really downplay the experience

7. Ham Sammich

Ham Sammich New Member

Just so you know they aren't dumbing down the fights they just don't have the real mechanics for the fight like on real blizzard realms. Such as you can stun them which you can't in wow.

8. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I tried it back in the day for a bit, every single server I tried was laggy as hell and wasn't worth it. This was probably ~2 maybe even 3 years ago, so things might be different now. But even some of those servers had a lot of people playing through the lag oddly enough.

9. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

no shit...I was just thinking the same thing tonight.

10. Camcam

Camcam J.U.N.K.E.R.

http://www.xtremetop100.com/world-of-warcraft
    Lots of private servers. But beware, most pets don't work (hunter/mage/warlock) and not to mention it's mostly a ghost town.

Although it's pretty cool to test out builds or see what items are best for you. It's probably the only time 99% of the players will get to see tier 6, etc.

11. HoldEmRules

HoldEmRules New Member

wowscape is pretty good

12. Tvan

Tvan New Member

Since I barely played any pre-bc I would be interested in a private server if it didn't include BC content. This would give me some means of experiencing the original endgame.

13. Mint Berry Crunch

Mint Berry Crunch Active Member

I might have to try this. I never got to see any end game shit.

14. m4rky24

m4rky24 OT Supporter

Hard to find a good private server that isn't bugged out

15. Japan Four

Japan Four Guest

:rofl: sounds challenging

16. ~NeonFire372~

~NeonFire372~ New Member

I haven't tried any private servers but I've been tempted to do so countless times.

17. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

To do anything on a private server but fuck around is a waste of time. These servers could shut down any second, and all that time you spend on it would be wasted. Unless it's one of those insta-70 servers you can mess around on, why bother?

18. Ham Sammich

Ham Sammich New Member

I just play the instant 70 ones, or this one I played on a bit last week you buy tier 6 and shit but in hyjal(not the instance the zone) where there are mobs with around 100,000hp and they drop tier 7 that the owners made, it was fun for a while but I hate the people that say they play private servers instead of regular WoW, its just a waste of time.

And most of them aren't laggy anymore. I played a couple that had 500 people on at a time and it wasn't laggy at all

19. Alenon12

Alenon12 Save the cheerleader....save the world

Congratulations on defeating the purpose of every video game ever made....progression

20. Jester

Jester OT Supporter

:hsugh: Do you honestly feel rewarded for fighting through MMO timesinks?

I still play them sometimes, but seriously, most of the games are easy and any difficulty comes from spending enormous amounts of time playing them.

Want to see a high-level instance? You will probably have to spend-and you know I'm not exaggerating- 500 hours playing before you will get to do that.

Seriously; FIVE HUNDRED HOURS?!? That is asinine. I still do it, but it is asinine. Nothing should take 500 hours to accomplish in a virtual environment.

And WoW has easier leveling than most MMOs.

21. Alenon12

Alenon12 Save the cheerleader....save the world

Of course its rewarding :) Isnt that the whole idea of MMRPG's? I mean seeing content IS going through the game and lvl'ing. 500 hours is prolly a good estimate, it was tons more in eq1 for me. But ive yet to find a mmrpg i enjoy as much probably because i felt so rewarded at finally getting up there. But i suppose that's personal preference of course, to each his own

22. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

i agree but that's the nature of most MMO games :dunno:

23. platinumalty

platinumalty Yes, Id hit it

heres link to my server, it just starting out but not to bad. its a 1kill lv 70 server http://teamatom.org/

24. Akicita

Akicita New Member

500 hours? :rofl: all mmo's are timesinks if you don't like it, why play? to bitch?

25. Jester

Jester OT Supporter

Getting to 70 in ~25 days /played seems about right for the average person, meaning not someone who has done it before or someone who is using a leveling guide. :dunno:

Of course they are timesinks. I would simply like for them to be smaller timesinks so that I could play more of them. Hence me posting in the "want a private WoW server" thread. :mamoru: