SRS Priorities

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by eligh, Feb 11, 2005.

1. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

I have trouble with school. I have trouble with girls. I find it difficult to workout with any consistency. Sometimes I feel awkward in social situations. My moods swing so much, sometimes I think I'm manic depressive. Somehow I manage to make it meetings and work steps with enough consistency to stay clean.

The point is, I have a lot of problems, some small, some large, and Narcotics Anonymous is the only consistent thing in my life right now. I always say I have priorities, and usually can list them if asked, but do I really live my life in accordance to my priorities? Well, to make it simple, I've decided to set recovery and school at the top, and ignore all the other problems in my life. I'm hoping this will bring me the focus I find it so difficult to achieve. Hopefully I won't have to fail any more tests before I realize what's really important in my life right now. It all starts with getting out of bed and asking for the assistance of my Higher Power, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

2. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

:hug:

3. Luciano

Luciano Guest

Blessings Eligh. Priorities can be decieving, insomuch as your ego wants your priorities to be one way, while your spirit needs them to be another. Pray without ceasing we are told, so we shall do.

4. karmastang

karmastang New Member

I think for me, the key to the whole thing is BALANCE. Sometimes I'll be in a cycle of exercising a lot, sleeping and eating well, getting things done that I need to do. Other times I can be extremely lazy and don't want to do anything. I'll sit in front of the T.V. or computer and eat junk food for hours on end.

It's been a constant struggle for me to do what I need to for my recovery as well. Sometimes I'm totally into it, go to lots of meetings, do service and work my steps. Other times meetings bore me and I'd rather watch someone else stack the chairs.

I just try to do my best, don't beat myself up for it, and ask for help from my H.P. I will be 6 years sober this Sunday so I'm doing something right.

5. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Good stuff. I struggle with the same cycle, thanks for your input. Luckily, right now I'm in the good cycle, and I'm comfortable with what I can and can't do, what I have and don't have. Beginning to work a tenth step really helped.

6. Bean

Bean Guest

6 years sober! oh wow! Congrats Karmastang!

I struggle so much with cycles anyway. The group leader in rehab this week told me that I need to stop struggling, and sit back, relax, and let recovery come to me. I don't know how to do this?

7. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

It's natural for addicts to struggle. When I posted that, I was struggling with a difficult phase in my life. I've straightened my priorities out just a little, and things seem to be running a little more smoothly.

I don't mean to get in the middle of your rehab stuff, but recovery is something you chase. You must be willing and persistent to keep going to meetings, working steps and working with other addicts. Maybe he means you need to surrender to the program? :dunno:

8. Bean

Bean Guest

It's possible that's what she meant. She said I was 'trying to hard to get it'.