A&P Printing Signature on Pictures

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by offtopic, Mar 8, 2005.

1. offtopic

offtopic Guest

I have more than 100 pictures,.. and i want to make a border for the pics i took and write my signature or initials on the border, how can I do that, is there any program does it? its going to be pain in the ass to do one by one, is there any way to do quicker?

Thank you

2. Werd I'd like to know about this aswell. There MUST be a program.... :eek3:

3. sony

sony Active Member

Theres a bunch of solutions.

1) Create a photoshop action
    2) File>automate>create droplet
    3) drag files into droplet (it's a little icon in your explorer or whatever)

---

picture-shark
    http://www.handyarchive.com/Multimedia/Miscellaneous/7013-picture-shark.html

This is a watermarking program that will help you out. :cool: My friend uses it and likes it, but I've never personally tried it, so if you try it out let me know how it goes.

---
    Gallery (server-side)
    http://gallery.menalto.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index

If you use gallery to display your pics on the web, you can also use it to watermark images. :cool: My server doesn't seem to support it though. :wtc: You can give it a go. :o

4. what do you use phidong? Your tags look pretty decent.

5. sony

sony Active Member

I have a psd file with a border and my "watermark" on it. I scripted an action that resizes the images, applies a bit of usm, opens the border, selects all, copies, closes template files, pastes, merge down, then saves. Then I made the droplet and drag everything into that. The drawback is you have to do portrait/landscape seperately.

I like this style because sometimes I'll spot edit and not use the actions at all (I'll actually watermark each image by hand :eek4:)

Picture-shark looks like a good alternative to this if you're lazy. You can just pop 'em in the corner.. etc. :o

6. canonshooter

canonshooter New Member

what's the point of having your signature displayed on each photo. there are many other ways to ensure copyright protection without having some gaudy text all over the photo.

7. mojito

mojito New Member

none that are more effective for displaying on the web

8. Please find the link! :big grin:

Thanks

9. alternatives are?

10. What about the clear text that is spread across a picture? That looks like it'd be difficult/annoying to try and remove. :dunno:

11. mojito

mojito New Member

its also distracting as hell for those that want to enjoy the pic, but for the ultra protective people, it works i guess

12. :wavey:

Is there a tutorial or anything?
    I can't figure it out for the life of me :wtc:

13. sony

sony Active Member

Have you tried picture shark? :hsugh:

14. sony

sony Active Member

I like to put a border on my pictures to finish them off anyway, so it's convenient to just pop my name on the border when I batch. I do it for two reasons:

1) If someone steals my image, they have to remove the watermark. :dunno:
    2) If someone hotlinks or downloads and rehosts my image, I'll have cred for taking the pic at least. :dunno:

I personally don't have a sig, i just have my url on the bottom corner.