A&P Printing Question

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Accord, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

I have a 8x10 picture on my computer that i'm trying to print, but anytime I do there are always these horrible white borders about a half an inch around the entire photograph. How can I print a full size 8x10 on my printer without these damn white borders? I've tried adjusting every setting and nothing seems to work.

Thanks

2. Bobert

Bobert OT Supporter

:hsugh: Are you printing it on 8.5x11" paper? :mamoru:

Sorry, I just had to. I really hope thats not your problem though. :o

3. sirmark

sirmark HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What kind of printer? Print it on a full sheet and then cut it down?

4. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Uhh, do you have a borderless printer? It's only recently that I'd say most "photo" printers can print bordlerless.

5. turbo91

turbo91 New Member

Werd. This is true. I believe HP has had a couple out for over a year now though.

6. barnold999

barnold999 New Member

You have few options.

1) HP sells 8x10 paper that is perforated that allows you to tear of the borders, the full outer dimensions are 8.5x11... I know HP makes it but a few other companies do. I have never been too impressed with the quality in general of the paper, but oh well, it will allow you to do a full 8x10.

2) You can do like other suggested and print it on an 8.5x11 and cut it down with a paper cutter.

3) My favorite, but you wont like. When traditionally printing a professional photo it isn’t borderles, on an 8x10 piece of paper you would print something around a 5x7 or 4x6 on there, if it isn’t going to be matted, which a lot of my photography is not. But I had a deal for a while printing 4x6 on a 11x14 to get a large border which is really a nice look.

Brent