A&P Printing digital pictures....

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by MikeMurder, Jun 24, 2003.

1. MikeMurder

MikeMurder Guest

Okay, I want take my digital pictures to a shop and have them print it..... the problem is the dimensions....

My cameras uploads pics at 1600x1200 pixels..... which is far from the standard picture dimensions (i think it'ws 4 x 6)..... so i was wondering how i should go about doing this.... should i crop them my self? should i resize it a let it stretch? should I let the shop take care of it? let me know guys

:hs:

2. mucky

mucky .

The place I take it to, I can do my own cropping on their machine. I like better than doing my own, just to make sure that it's exacly how it should be.

3. MikeMurder

MikeMurder Guest

Could I crop at home (knowing the correct dimensions) and just have them print it like that? Like.... would it ever need continous work at the shop?

4. eof

eof New Member

you can crop at home....then save them as tiff files (works at the place in my town....kodak photo store)

5. MikeMurder

MikeMurder Guest

tiff? and what are the exact dimensions of a picture? pixel and/or inch wise?

6. eof

eof New Member

um....bigger the better...just try to keep the ratio to 4x6 (if that is what you want). Just to give you an idea with my camera I can get mediocre 8x10's @ 1500x1200

Some people will say this is way too low of a resolution but they turn out good enough for me. (that is only 150dpi I think).

I have heard other people say you should aim at around 250dpi which would mean 1000px x1500px = 4x6 @ 250dpi

7. Joe

Joe 2015 :x: OT Supporter

my friend tells me that the new photoshop raw plugin (which is gona be in photoshop 8) has really good interpolation (better than the bicubic that comes with photoshop and programs like genuine fractals)

so if you need to resize, it might be a good idea

where you gona take them to? you gona print dyesub (like the kodak machines) or light jet?

8. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

I've been using Genuine Fractals which is much better than Pshop 7's interpolation algorithms IMO. Can't wait to see what will come with Pshop 8. A lot of people have been using Fred Miranda's camera specific interpolation actions with success too.